video camera question

muleymaddness

Very Active Member
I need some suggestions on a video camera that is easy to use, easy to transfer the videos onto a computer, and has a good picture/clarity. I'd also like to be able to add music and maybe delete parts of the video. I don't know if that's part of the camera, or some software I'd need. Oh, and reasonably priced. Anyone have any suggestions for me to look at - I don't know where to start.
Thanks!

To add music to video you do that on the computer in video editing software. Their are endless possibilities of cameras that will work I like samsung myself, they seem good quality and easy to operate but this comes down to personal choice. The main problem you will have is making sure your computer will have enough memory set aside for video, and cpu power. The software to transfer video and edit is realitively cheap around 70-100 dollars.

scrat.jpg

I did a lot of research on a cosumer level video camera and chose one with hard drive/SD card memory storage (no tapes) and very good zoom capability made by Panasonic. It is fairly small and light and it has worked very well for me on everything from filming hunts to football games both on a tripod and off.

Can't remember the model number off the top of my head but it is on the recommended optics list I just posted on my site. Great little camera and it ran me about $350ish a year ago.

Wade
www.HardcoreOutdoor.com

I have a JVC Everio. Mine is a 60GB HDD (Hard disk drive). it came with a very simple to use video editing software program that lets me add video, pictures, music and compiles it to burn on a dvd or standard .avi file for playback on the computer.
The camera is great. It is tiny and light and takes good video. Video transfer is simple. plug in the cord and push a button and it will backup onto your computer.

I got the Canon XH-A1 with a 20x zoom lens. It is great.
Add a big shot gun mic and a set of wireless mics since audio is so important to great video.
flyingbrass
cold dead hands
NRA Life Member

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom