Vernon private land help

rydub01

I am a disabled Hunter and I’m looking for some help on the private land in the Vernon unit. I drew a rifle tag and a few months later found out that I can hunt the private land through some random draw. Didn’t even know that existed until the DWR sent me the email. I know the unit somewhat well on the west side as ive helped with my brothers archery tag a few years back and a few friends have drawn it recently, but I know nothing of the private land.

My question is Which private hunting land is somewhat accessible and worth hunting? Any info would be very helpful. I am a quadriplegic and in a wheelchair so I am limited to a side-by-side while hunting. Thanks in advance!

I don’t, he said I should have access to all of them if I notify him 24 hours in advance. Hard part is they may not have to allow vehicles on the property but he thinks most will in my situation.

Thanks! I will try that and see what comes of it.
Did you have the bookcliffs tag awhile back (like 10+ years ago?) If so i think i helped you out with some information back then, and you killed a stud buck if i remember right.

Sorry I don't know the Vernon at all.

Let me get this straight.....Land owners are obligated to allow hunting on their property to handicapped hunters??....

Let me get this straight.....Land owners are obligated to allow hunting on their property to handicapped hunters??....
No, one if the stipulations of the land owner association voucher tag program is they have to allow the same number of public tag hunters access to the LOA land. So if the LOA gets 10 tags that they can sell they are required to allow 10 public hunters access as well. The dwr randomly selects a few hunters from the pool of public hunters that will have this access. The public hunters have to follow all the rules the LOA sets, but they can't make rules that only apply to the public hunters, any rules set will have to apply to the people that bought vouchers as well.

It's new this year, well the rule has always been in place but nobody enforced it, what is new is the dwr selecting people and giving them notice.

The fact this guy is handicapped was just a coincidence.

Did you have the bookcliffs tag awhile back (like 10+ years ago?) If so i think i helped you out with some information back then, and you killed a stud buck if i remember right.

Sorry I don't know the Vernon at all.
Yes, that is me, thanks for your help then. It was a pretty good buck! I think it’s going on 17 years now.

No, one if the stipulations of the land owner association voucher tag program is they have to allow the same number of public tag hunters access to the LOA land. So if the LOA gets 10 tags that they can sell they are required to allow 10 public hunters access as well. The dwr randomly selects a few hunters from the pool of public hunters that will have this access. The public hunters have to follow all the rules the LOA sets, but they can't make rules that only apply to the public hunters, any rules set will have to apply to the people that bought vouchers as well.

It's new this year, well the rule has always been in place but nobody enforced it, what is new is the dwr selecting people and giving them notice.

The fact this guy is handicapped was just a coincidence.
Correct, this was completely random that I drew it. I didn’t even know about the program until I got the email. My disability has nothing to do with it.

Bearpaw Outfitters

Experience world class hunting for mule deer, elk, cougar, bear, turkey, moose, sheep and more.

Wild West Outfitters

Hunt the big bulls, bucks, bear and cats in southern Utah. Your hunt of a lifetime awaits.

J & J Outfitters

Offering quality fair-chase hunts for trophy mule deer, elk, shiras moose and mountain lions.

Shane Scott Outfitting

Quality trophy hunting in Utah. Offering FREE Utah drawing consultation. Great local guides.

Utah Big Game Outfitters

Specializing in bighorn sheep, mule deer, elk, mountain goat, lions, bears & antelope.

Apex Outfitters

We offer experienced guides who hunt Elk, Mule Deer, Antelope, Sheep, Bison, Goats, Cougar, and Bear.

Urge 2 Hunt

We offer high quality hunts on large private ranches around the state, with landowner vouchers.

Allout Guiding & Outfitting

Offering high quality mule deer, elk, bear, cougar and bison hunts in the Book Cliffs and Henry Mtns.

Lickity Split Outfitters

General season and LE fully guided hunts for mule deer, elk, moose, antelope, lion, turkey, bear and coyotes.

Back
Top Bottom