Vernon- Last chance for advice

Wiszard

Long Time Member
I'll be heading out on the 18th for the Vernon rifle hunt. I've talked with a lot of people and spent a lot of time on the computer and with my face in my maps. Anybody have any helpful hints to share with me a week before I leave? Any secret spots or tips to share?

Steve
Holder of a 2012 LE Utah Deer Tag!!

My only advise is, unless you see a real hog opening weekend, hold off. If you stay the entire hunt, you'll pretty much have the place to yourself after about Tuesday. If anyone has limited time they can spend, I'd wait until after opening weekend and let the herd of wheeler hunters clear out. Not kidding you. You'll see strings of 10-15 ATV's with one tag holder.

I'm warnin you Wisz!

I'd be waitin where they leave DH's Hay Fields!

The Wounded/Stragglers are gonna be in High Gear bout the time they jump his Fence!:D

Best of Luck Wisz!

Hoping to see some Pics with the Ole Wisz and DH on Cloud 9!:D

15" Bases?
30" 5ths?
GOOD GAWD A MIGHTY!

Hey BESS- I think the first few days, I'm gonna stay on the outskirts of the Sheeprocks and just lay low. Spend a lot of time on the glass. DH will be on the other side of the mountain than I will be but he and I plan on hookin' up and comparing what we've been seeing. The nice thing is that the cell reception is not bad out there. I plan on taking lots of pics...thanks for the help.

Steve

Don't overlook the rolling sage. They lay down in there and bunker down in the middle of nowhere and only move at night. One day we did a push like we were hunting rabbits and I've never seen so many deer. I think we got into one herd that had upwards of 20-30 bucks and over 100 deer out in the middle of the sage.

Also, the ticks can be bad in that sage country. When I hunted it, I got two imbedded in me on opening weekend.

Some Good Info from CowSlayer right there Wisz!

I can tell you one thing though!

I ain't checkin you for Ticks!

That's a Job for RUGSTER!:D

15" Bases?
30" 5ths?
GOOD GAWD A MIGHTY!

While you are here stop by and visit Rug, Overton, Z and the rest of the chubhouse clan. We don't want them getting butt hurt!!!

This time don't blow out of town like you just held up the Quik E Mart and I will come help you find a nomad buck. Also, don't leave your keys in the Accord with the engine running. Buy any last minute gear you need from Ebay. In my experience, you can get better deals from Vietnamese boys selling discounted Cabelas cards. You can stock up on your gear there on the way up.
http://www.monstermuleys.info/dcforum/User_files/4abc76ff29b26fc1.jpg

LAST EDITED ON Oct-13-12 AT 08:30PM (MST)[p]LOL.....I'll be there until I shoot something, 1911. If you'd like to share bunks, the answer is no. Rug already has dibs.

Its the best example of "a bird in the hand...." scenario out there. :)

Steve

Ride around with .45 at night he can show you some good bucks, just watch out for the Bums. LOL

"I have found if you go the extra mile it's Never crowded".
>[Font][Font color = "green"]Life member of
>the MM green signature club.[font/]

I agree with not over looking the low land sage. There are some monsters that hang out in there.

Never did hear back from you in a while. Hope you have enough info to keep you busy out there for a few days. Best of luck. Post up your pics when you get home.

WISZ.........LETS SEE THE PICS OF YOUR VERNON BUCK !!!! I HEAR YOU GOT A GOOD ONE........CONGRATS..................YD.

"Good one" is in the eye of the beholder, Dave! LOL. I'll post it tomorrow. Been busy catching up on work the past couple of days.

Steve

Come on Wisz!

Lets hear the Whole Story!

Pre-Hunt!

During-Hunt!

It's Post-Hunt Wisz!

It's time to tell the MM'er Crowd the Whole Story & Don't forget to mention the Phone Call you received from the UDWR!:D

Hello Mr. Wisz,This is the UDWR Calling....LMMFAO!
15" Bases?
30" 5ths?
GOOD GAWD A MIGHTY!

I had a buddy out there hunting with you. He said he saw a lot of weird deer running around. He shot a ok buck saturday day night with sunday being the last day.

Bearpaw Outfitters

Experience world class hunting for mule deer, elk, cougar, bear, turkey, moose, sheep and more.

Wild West Outfitters

Hunt the big bulls, bucks, bear and cats in southern Utah. Your hunt of a lifetime awaits.

J & J Outfitters

Offering quality fair-chase hunts for trophy mule deer, elk, shiras moose and mountain lions.

Shane Scott Outfitting

Quality trophy hunting in Utah. Offering FREE Utah drawing consultation. Great local guides.

Utah Big Game Outfitters

Specializing in bighorn sheep, mule deer, elk, mountain goat, lions, bears & antelope.

Apex Outfitters

We offer experienced guides who hunt Elk, Mule Deer, Antelope, Sheep, Bison, Goats, Cougar, and Bear.

Urge 2 Hunt

We offer high quality hunts on large private ranches around the state, with landowner vouchers.

Allout Guiding & Outfitting

Offering high quality mule deer, elk, bear, cougar and bison hunts in the Book Cliffs and Henry Mtns.

Lickity Split Outfitters

General season and LE fully guided hunts for mule deer, elk, moose, antelope, lion, turkey, bear and coyotes.

Back
Top Bottom