Vernal

W

whitelabman

I am moving to the Vernal area this winter to work. I was just wondering if any one could point me in the right direction to were I can find some deer and elk to film. Thanks

The Diamond Mtn. area is a good place to start. All limited entry and lots of private.

Anyone from the Vernal area have a report on how the Diamond Mtn. road, Browns Hole road, and the like are as far as the snow is concerned? I'm heading up this weekend on an antlerless hunt there. Thanks for any snow reports.

I haven't been on diamond but there is a butt load of snow in vernal. probably more than we've had in 10 years. make sure you bring your tire chains.

Yup you should be alright goin up on diamond. buddy just killed a lion up there this weekend. so good luck and bring the chains and a shovel but you should be fine. the elk are still in the draws and the deer are in browns park and just throw the meadows...good luck to ya

Thanks for the input guys. I went and got me some chains just in case. I'll be heading up in the morning. It'll be good to get out and hopefully it will hold me over till spring time.

Yeah I went up early Saturday morning. Spent over 7 hours round trip on the road and almost 30 minutes on the actual hunt. The Diamond Mtn. road was in pretty good shape, didn't end up needing the chains after all. Got me a doe and saw 1 alright 4 point buck up there. He would have been a shooter on a general unit but still has maybe a couple years for up there. I made one of the best kills I've ever made, dropped her in her tracks. There were quite a few hunters given the number of antlerless tags they gave out during the timeframe. It was nice to get out and finish up a great year of hunting for me. I notched 4 out of 5 tags in 2007. Needless to say the freezer is full.

Bearpaw Outfitters

Experience world class hunting for mule deer, elk, cougar, bear, turkey, moose, sheep and more.

Wild West Outfitters

Hunt the big bulls, bucks, bear and cats in southern Utah. Your hunt of a lifetime awaits.

J & J Outfitters

Offering quality fair-chase hunts for trophy mule deer, elk, shiras moose and mountain lions.

Shane Scott Outfitting

Quality trophy hunting in Utah. Offering FREE Utah drawing consultation. Great local guides.

Utah Big Game Outfitters

Specializing in bighorn sheep, mule deer, elk, mountain goat, lions, bears & antelope.

Apex Outfitters

We offer experienced guides who hunt Elk, Mule Deer, Antelope, Sheep, Bison, Goats, Cougar, and Bear.

Urge 2 Hunt

We offer high quality hunts on large private ranches around the state, with landowner vouchers.

Allout Guiding & Outfitting

Offering high quality mule deer, elk, bear, cougar and bison hunts in the Book Cliffs and Henry Mtns.

Lickity Split Outfitters

General season and LE fully guided hunts for mule deer, elk, moose, antelope, lion, turkey, bear and coyotes.

Back
Top Bottom