Velvet or Hard Horn?

A little bit of velvet makes my horn hard..

horsepoop.gif

Disclaimer:
The poster does not take any responsibility for any hurt or bad feelings. Reading threads poses inherent risks. The poster would like to remind readers to make sure they have a functional sense of humor before they visit any discussion board.

A little bit of velvet makes my horn hard..

horsepoop.gif

Disclaimer:
The poster does not take any responsibility for any hurt or bad feelings. Reading threads poses inherent risks. The poster would like to remind readers to make sure they have a functional sense of humor before they visit any discussion board.

>I WILL NOT kill a velvet
>buck.....it's sacrilegious.....especially on a Sunday in Utah!
>
>
>
>"What's good for me, ain't necessarily good for the weak minded"

>I WILL NOT kill a velvet
>buck.....it's sacrilegious.....especially on a Sunday in Utah!
>
>
>
>"What's good for me, ain't necessarily good for the weak minded"

I'm with foundation on this one
Its not the velvet that ruins the deer.Its that honorable summer cape
And then if a guy does the right thing and puts a fall cape on it He gets slammed here on MM. What to do,What to do

I'm with foundation on this one
Its not the velvet that ruins the deer.Its that honorable summer cape
And then if a guy does the right thing and puts a fall cape on it He gets slammed here on MM. What to do,What to do

I will take one of each. . . . . thanks

I'll tell you who it was . . . it was that D@MN Sasquatch!

I will take one of each. . . . . thanks

I'll tell you who it was . . . it was that D@MN Sasquatch!

I hate that darn velvet. My wife shot a dang nice buck two years ago in December, and it still had velvet on the horns, I almost puked. Only thing was it was 29 inches wide. Whats a guy to do?

Thanks

Brownie

I hate that darn velvet. My wife shot a dang nice buck two years ago in December, and it still had velvet on the horns, I almost puked. Only thing was it was 29 inches wide. Whats a guy to do?

Thanks

Brownie

I like velvet on the muleys. The cape isnt too bad in late september when they start to rub.

+1 velvet
Im a velvet guy

I like velvet on the muleys. The cape isnt too bad in late september when they start to rub.

+1 velvet
Im a velvet guy

Have not shot a deer in velvet, and do not plan to. If during the course of a hunt a buck goes from velvet to fully rubbed off, ide wait for them to rub! But for the record, I would not let a trophy buck walk if he were in velvet still.

Have not shot a deer in velvet, and do not plan to. If during the course of a hunt a buck goes from velvet to fully rubbed off, ide wait for them to rub! But for the record, I would not let a trophy buck walk if he were in velvet still.

I love those big velvet muleys but it's so hard to get that done right at the taxidermist. For that reason I prefer hard horned. Definately hard horned on elk. Not sure I would ever want a velvet elk.

It's always an adventure!!!

I love those big velvet muleys but it's so hard to get that done right at the taxidermist. For that reason I prefer hard horned. Definately hard horned on elk. Not sure I would ever want a velvet elk.

It's always an adventure!!!

I have killed some velvet bucks during archery season. But I would never try and draw a tropy unit if the season was when they are in velvet. Nothing beats a big hard horned buck!

BC

I have killed some velvet bucks during archery season. But I would never try and draw a tropy unit if the season was when they are in velvet. Nothing beats a big hard horned buck!

BC

To me, i like a big ol Roman nose, swelled up neck, tight blue haired hide, and a dark hard horned rack.

Some velvet mounts i've seen are outstanding and do look really good but let my efforts pay off with a late season looking mature buck.

Joey

To me, i like a big ol Roman nose, swelled up neck, tight blue haired hide, and a dark hard horned rack.

Some velvet mounts i've seen are outstanding and do look really good but let my efforts pay off with a late season looking mature buck.

Joey

+1 Sage!

I have a couple similar to your description on the wall and my wife has a cactus buck on the wall and there is no comparison in beauty however the cactus buck is pretty cool.

Saving the velvet by taxidermy never seems to quite come out right. The velvet can be preserved and look good, kinda like a buck that is about to shed but in the case of my wifes buck the full of blood look of the velvet rack couldn't be duplicated.

Bill

Look out Forkie, FTW is watching us!

+1 Sage!

I have a couple similar to your description on the wall and my wife has a cactus buck on the wall and there is no comparison in beauty however the cactus buck is pretty cool.

Saving the velvet by taxidermy never seems to quite come out right. The velvet can be preserved and look good, kinda like a buck that is about to shed but in the case of my wifes buck the full of blood look of the velvet rack couldn't be duplicated.

Bill

Look out Forkie, FTW is watching us!

sageadvice likes his bucks like D13'er likes his women...lol

horsepoop.gif

Disclaimer:

sageadvice likes his bucks like D13'er likes his women...lol

horsepoop.gif

Disclaimer:

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom