Velvet Deer?

E

Edpre

I know that the bulls will be all rubbed off, but my hunting partner just asked me a question and I didn't have an answer - and I usually always do, even if I have to make one up, but -- will the mulies be in full velvet or partially rubbed off during the opening week?
1 Week and 1 day till we pull out for the Breaks.... can't concentrate....can't sleep......start loading the rig tomorrow....last Cabelas order arrives in the am......

edpre

As long as we can make things up.
This is what I think.
Lots of rubbing going on now to get rid of the velvet.
So yeah, just what tk said.
Not a lot with velvet by opener.

Shot my buck the 2nd day of archery last year,perfect velvet,as were the 6-7 other bucks in his group.

All the ones I saw last year were still in velvet the first week. The last week in September most were out of velvet but some were still in velvet.

Thanks - last night I checked some old hunt photos and saw pics of a Bob wilderness hunt - on the 9th we shot a perfect velvet 2 point (camp meat deer) and on the 16th we shot a bomber buck fully polished, so I'm betting on velvet or starting to rub. A big 3 point or decent 4 point will fill one spot on the wall - don't have any velvet.

thks for everyone's input on all my posts. - SEVEN days till we pull out!

edpre

Glad to help. I am going to be out on the 2nd and have already packed three times!! I am so excited I can't hardly stand it!! I am planning on staying until I get a bull.

I can hardly wait.

Just got back from the "official" test run of the rig! Camper pulled fine with the 1 1/2" lift kit I bolted on it. Now, as long as there's NOOOO rain!...... Same for me - can't stand the wait! Packed out two bulls already! Onto deer.... and a cow tag..... This is easy!

edpre

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos

Montana Hunting Guides & Outfitters

Bearpaw Outfitters

Mule deer, whitetail, antelope, buffalo, and prairie dogs on private ranch leases totaling about 100,000 acres.

Urge 2 Hunt

We focus on trophy elk, mule deer, whitetail and antelope and manage our ranches for top quality.

Vargo Hunting

Top quality bear, antelope and free range bison hunts on the Crow Indian Res. Turkey and cougar as well.

Back
Top Bottom