Vehicle Stolen...Now What?

Wiszard

Long Time Member
My 2006 Honda Accord was stolen from my driveway last night. I accidentally left the keys in it thinking I was going to take it out again shortly after coming back from my office. I called Highway Patrol and they came out and took a report. I called my ins- no answer/no machine. Emailed the one that I usually deal with when it comes to my Ins. How long, typically, will an insurance co wait to consider the car a loss? Two weeks? A month? Who the f@ck steals a car? Never thought it would happen to me.....

Steve
Derkha derkha Muhammed jihad hakha sherpha sherpha abakhala- Gary of Team America World Police

"Who the f@ck steals a car?"

Are you sure you didn't leave it at the bar last night?

Traditional >>>------->

Did you lose your December issue of Juggs on the passenger seat too? I should slap you silly with a floppy hat for leaving your keys in the dumb thing. Most stolen cars really aren't some intense gone in 60 seconds thefts. At least half or more are a crime of opportunity where they keys are left inside, often with the doors unlocked and engine running.

On the insurance whiz it depends but I suspect you're looking at least one month depending on cali insurance regulations. I stay tuned to KTLA over the weekend. Maybe you'll see it making a run for the border.
4abc76ff29b26fc1.jpg

1911- For my stupidity I oughtta be forced to wear a gay, floppy hat, a speedo and stand out on the freeway with a sign that says, "get me to Kona and I'll suck your d!ck!!" :) I know, I know....never leave your keys in the car. Unbeleiveable....

Horse- beleive me, I was at home all night last night but even then, I really had to think if I had gone anywhere. That's how baffled I was. I hope they find it. The care only has 40,000 miles on it and its a great little car- plus just had $3500 worth of work done to the front end after my wife hit a deer. My ins is NOT gonna be happy.

Steve
Derkha derkha Muhammed jihad hakha sherpha sherpha abakhala- Gary of Team America World Police

Damn Wiz-Bang, that sucks that you just got back from a scouting trip and forgot to get your Swarovski spotting scope and EL 10x40 binoculars out before your car got stolen.
See, there's always a bright side to things...

Best thing you can hope for at this point is that it ends up in Mexico, ends up torched, or is never found again before you insurance pays out anyway. There is a reason why someone coined the term, drive it like ya' stole it. For your sake, if you do recover it, I hope it was taken by a gay stalker with a profound mechanical respect for the automobile who was really just motivated by upholstery fabric in the seats.
4abc76ff29b26fc1.jpg

My 2006 Honda Accord......Well for starters that car is one of the top on the list for Stolen cars in CA.....forget it it has already been stripped and parts sold by now.

You don't leave KEYS or DOORS open on any Honda in CA or it was sooner or later be shuffling into a warehouse to be stripped.

Good luck with your INS since you left the keys in the ignition and most likely the doors UNLOCKED.
These low life scum bags are always on the prowl for cars. HONDA's...LEXI's...Toyota's are the main targets and now also the CADDILAC SUV's

Brian
http://i25.tinypic.com/fxbjgy.jpg[/IMG]

I'm pretty sure my ins will drop me after this. Hell, I'm in Cali. Who needs car insurance? Drive it like ya stole it, Boys!! LMAO. Swarovski, huh? I like your thinking! I better hit up Cabelas online and see what else would fit in that car. :)

Just because the keys were in the ignition does not mean it is anybody's right to take what is not theirs. If my insurance co uses that as an angle to fight the payoff, I'll "bust a cap in a b!tch". :) I'll keep you guys informed on what happens.

Steve

Wisz leaves the keys in it & expects none of the KALI thiefs to test drive it,WTF?
I say he done it on purpose & wants a New Car:D

Hot Dog,Hot Damn,I love this Ameri-can

dude bummer ,,,,,,,

>>>>Top stolen cars in the United States
1. Toyota Camry 6. Chevrolet Full-Size C/K pickup
2. Honda Accord 7. Toyota Corolla
3. Honda Civic 8. Ford Taurus
4. Oldsmobile Cutlass 9. Chevrolet Caprice
5. Jeep Cherokee/Grand Cherokee 10. Ford F150 pickup<<

Nice one, Rug! I hope your second wife turns out to be a lesbo! :)

Steve

ShowThem- What sucks is the car is an '06 with 40,000 miles. Probably not gonna get what it's worth to us in value. I think blue book is like 14K. The car is worth more than that to our family. I'm a total douche!

Steve

Wiz
Bad news is... they found the car. Good news is it only needs minor body work and a little bit of glass.

Accord.jpg

Seriously that really s#cks. I've had a few things stolen before, never nothing as valuable as a car though. Good luck

Thank God....not my car, Feleno. Mine's got spinners....

Steve

As long as you were current on payments, not behind on other creditors payments, had not been trying to recently sell it, had not had any recent major engine problems or repairs, and they don't recover it totally destroyed, it should be handled and paid without undue delay. However if any of those "red flags" exists, they could send it to their SIU(special investigations unit) which might delay the process . I am an attorney who specializes in insurance claims, and in California, car thefts can be very frustrating claims experience for the policyholder.

Wiz, I'm sure it's just a coincidense....but I saw overton in your neighborhood last night.

Hopefully some kid needed a ride to a party last night and it will show up none the worse for wear soon.

Eel

Now What?
When you get the Insurance money,buy a new 4 door Diesel,remove the Obama Pipe & the Obama Juice,chip it up & make em Inhale.

Sorry to hear about your car. If you had any personal property in it, unless it was "attached" to the vehicle, it won't be covered. That would fall under your homeowners or renters ins if you have it. You may have to provide proof of purchase for any after-market stuff.

Depending on your policy, you should have an allowance for a rental until you can get your case resolved. (Unfortunatly the amount allowed will get you into something like a suzuki samuri.)

I can't think of anything more irritating then having some dirt bag stealing your stuff. Cops didn't put any time into it in my case. Low percentage of solving it and limited resources. Even if they catch whoever did it, they will just get a hand slap. It's not like they killed anyone. You'll get over it in about 5 years.....maybe.

Good luck!

Well, it helps to know a lot of people. We got a phone call this evening from a friend who also knows a lot of people and he was telling "our" story to a few of his sons friends. Turns out we know his sons friends as well and because one of the boys thinks we're pretty cool parents, he said that his friend told him he stole the car and drove it to the beach. We now have the alleged suspects name. Looked the frocker up on facebook and he's just a little punk.....15 years old. No word on where the car is now but we called the Highway Patrol and told the dispatcher the story. he told me an officer would be calling us. That was an hour and a half ago. Still waiting for the call. I'll keep you informed.

Rug- Dude, that was quick. Your gaydar must be on the fritz!

Steve

You better hope Dirty Mike and The Boys did'nt steal it.

"A well regulated militia, being necessary to the security of a free state, the right of the people to keep and bear arms shall not be infringed."

called the Highway Patrol and told the dispatcher the story. he told me an officer would be calling us. That was an hour and a half ago. Still waiting for the call. I'll keep you informed

Takes them time since they have their coffee and donut breaks every 30 minutes.....LOL

Brian
http://i25.tinypic.com/fxbjgy.jpg[/IMG]

Found the car...and it is JACKED UP! We know who stole it (some little punk thats already on probabtion) so it's now a matter of how it plays out with the Police. Kid was bragging to the wrong people. It got back to us so we made a phone call or two and we told a friend to call the suspect and tell us where the car is and the police will go easier on him. When it was relayed to us where the car is, the suspect says that the car has a flat tire. We find the car and it's got a broken rear axel, he side swiped something on BOTH sides of the car, tried to drive UNDER something cuz the sunroof is broken and its dented at the front of it. The front end is torn loose again.....the same thing that was just fixed from when my wife hit a deer ($3500 worth of damage). The worst part of it is that he slashed the two front seats with either a knife or a box cutter. Senseless. I think this kid is in some serious trouble. I'm glad I recovered the car but it leaves a really bad taste in my mouth as if the ins doesn't total it, how can I sell it? All of the repairs will be on record. Whose gonna want a car thats had that much damage done to it? What really gets me is that the kid didn't have any remorse until he knew WE KNEW who this MF'er was. And he made it seem like there was ONLY a flat tire. I bet he's shitting a brick with us knowing now the extent of the damage. I had the car towed to Honda so we'll go from there. I'll call CHP in the morning and give them the kids name and then on Monday, call his probation officer and let them know whats going on. This kid needs to be in jail. Sad thing is that he'll probably get a slap on the wrist. They all know as soon as they turn 18 their records get sealed and start fresh. F'ing BS!! I have pics on my phone. I'll need my daughter to figure out how to download them to my puter.

Steve

When I lived in town I had my pickup stolen.
Same thing, joyriding and beat to death.
Not a straight piece of sheet metal left on it when it was recovered.
We knew who did it also but no proof, POS punk kids.

foul.gif

Farmers insurance did me real well.

The feeling of violation and anger takes time to fade, I knew it was time to move out in the sticks.

Steve that sucks!! (Shaking my head) I deal with these people every day so nothing shocks me anymore. If that kid is doing these types of things now, chances are very high he will continue after the age of 18.

That really sucks wiz.

Wish I had something comforting to add but like Rug I worked with this type of PLICKS for 10 years and can only say sorry to hear it. Kid will probably get next to nothing and be doing stupid Chit in a few days.

Bill

Look out Forkie, FTW is watching us!

Went to take some better pics of the car this morning. Here are a few....
5805honda_accord_pics-_stolen_002.jpg

8271honda_accord_pics-_stolen_012.jpg

911honda_accord_pics-_stolen_015.jpg

5004honda_accord_pics-_stolen_019.jpg

Just a few of the pics. Every side of the car has body damage to it. The passenger side has white paint on the door which I'm assuming he hit another car. Just got off the phone with CHP and the case is being sent to the Auto Theft Crime Unit. Hopefully they arrest this kid. Gonna call tomorrow to talk with someone from that unit.

Steve

Sooo what your saying "The kid hit it"?? If you find out he got some "P" in your car and you still prosecute, I dont know what I will think of you Whiz:) LOL

Damn shame kids have no sense of remorse or respect these days!!!

Good thing Wisz keeps his Insurance up to date.
Next time He goes Deer Hunting in the Car He ought to be more Careful with his Huntin Knife,they're Hell on seats.
You put some nice Pin Stripes on it too Wisz.
Buy the 4 Door Diesel Pickup next time & you won't have to borrow your Wife's Car:D

"My wifes car".....that's classic right there. If you think that's bad, you oughta see what i've gotta drive now. Just FYI- I have a truck but I don't like filling it up every 3 days. It only gets about 10 MPG around town.

Steve

OK ....here's a plan. Let your insurance company know who the runt is, and they have ways to make parents pay for the damages.

Ins companies have WAY better investigators than basic law enforcement agencies.....when dealing with minors and crime.

Steve,
Check out your rights as to having to accept the repairs that your issurance company has done to your car you dont always have to take the car back. Look it over real good before it leaves the repair shop find anything cosmetic or better yet mechanical wrong with it and you dont have to eccept the car back. You can fight with the insurane company till its replace alot of times. Second at the sh@theads parants to make up any loses, like depreciated value. Theres no quick fix to something like that though. Feel for ya man.

I'm fairly confident my Ins co is good. My wife hit a deer not 3 months ago and there was $3500 of damage that was made without a blink of an eye. The one company was very good with me so I am hopeful they are the same this time. I'm hoping the kid turns himself in today. My bro in law is the head of the science dept of where this kid goes to school. I asked him to find out if he's absent or if he came to school today. If he's absent, maybe he's already turned himself in or is going to. I won't know til lunch time though. My other bro in law is a Sheriff and he came by last night. Made a phone call to find out who this kids probabtion officer is so we can give that info to the CHP. Got another buddy who is retired CHP and he gave me the name and number of THE good investigator on the auto theft task force. Left him a message this morning asking him to look out for the case. I think this kid is f'ed anyway it goes. I'll let you guys know what happens. Thanks for the comments.

Steve

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom