Vasque Erikkson GTX Backpacking boots

DeerMadness

Long Time Member
I'm going to hike the Teton Crest Trail this summer and a trip into the Wind River Range for fishing. Has anyone tried these boots ?
Steve

Never tried them!

What kinda Fish & How big & what Breed are they on the Wind River Range?

[font color="redhttp://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gMsueOnu0kY

Had a pair of vasque sundowners 20yrs ago, they were great boots, but they switched their sole material and was told they weren't as good 10yrs ago. Haven't looked at em recent.

I have a pair of Wasatch boots by Vasque but they are good for day packs and mild hunting weather. I will be carrying about 40 lbs.

Just did a little research, the pair I still own were made in italy. 10yrs ago they started making them in, u guessed it china, and the quality went down. Check the reviews on your model, reads similar to the sundowner, quality is hit or miss. Buy em from a place u could take em back for a full refund if they blow out in a season.

LAST EDITED ON Feb-16-15 AT 01:37PM (MST)[p]Well I heard they are bringing the old Sundowner back like they used to make them.and that the new Erikkson are as good as Asolo. I guess I better get in and just try a few. I usually order online if a company has free returns.
The reason I hate boot shopping is my feet are size 13 or 14 and many times they sell my size out fast in stores.

I have wide feet and it's tough to find extra wide boots as well. If I could get 3 pair of those sundowners I bought in the early 90's I'd b tickled. Hope the new boots work out for ya. If they do tell us and maybe I'll give em another try.

LAST EDITED ON Feb-16-15 AT 08:08PM (MST)[p]I called Amazon DW- they said not seconds or flaws, and that prices do change. Also I can return if I don't like them. I called the boot shop and he said the new GTX is the best he has seen in 12 years. They are 119.99 on Amazon until they sell them.
I'm stoked....

LAST EDITED ON Feb-16-15 AT 09:06PM (MST)[p]Let me know whatchya think of em when u get em!

I was also looking at these boots, good looking boots and look like they would last along time. I wish they were around 10" tall though.

O--one
B--big
A--ass
M--mistake
A--america

DW- the boots came in and they ate lightweight, well built and a great feeling to wear. I think I got what I wanted and they cost only half of full price. Amazon sure is a slow shipper though that has nothing to do with these boots.

Just looked at some,but not really impressed except light. Seems like another tennis shoe to come apart during the 1st season....Most of the new boots did.
I guess folks are used to having shoes fall apart that cost $200 nowadays....and made of plastic/1/100th grain leather.....

Had Vasque boots 30 yrs ago made in Italy and they lasted 10 yrs of hard Sierra hiking.
Had Lowas and Meindels from Germany ,one pair lasted from 72-95' and the PCT.
Still using the Ibex that were made in Germany that are at least 12yrs old and still in great shape.
Only ones that look like they would last were Kennetrek,Hanwag,and Lathrop....Made here,but very $$$.
I'm going to get some Kenetreks I think,their pacs are great.
10 yrs on one pair and my go to winter/wet boot now.

Well they are light and that is exactly why I like them. Hank4Elk, if you read anything about backpacking you will know that for every pound on your foot it makes it like 10 lbs on your pack.
I bought a pair of Vasques 10 years ago and still have them.
And if you read the posts I started this thread with I paid $119 for these through Amazon. Go find a better Keen , Merrell or Lowa at that price. I doubt it. You will pay that much for trail shoes. I bet these will last quite a while.

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom