Vari X11 versus Vari X 111

Califelkslayer

Long Time Member
Whats the major difference for $100.00?? Just ordered a rifle for my girlfriend and looking for a scope. Probably stingy cause if it was mine, I know what I'd do BUT is there much difference???

Do for her what you would do for yourself. Why give her anything less than what you demand?

Scott
Member: RMEF, SCI, and NRA

Whenever you are trying to get new people interested in shooting/hunting make sure that what they are using is the exact same thing you would use. No one likes knowing they were considered second rate. Hunting with good equipment improves the experience and allows for a more enjoyable time. Furthermore, should she not show interest in hunting later, you are left with a ready to go rifle that you would gladly use yourself.

Now show her you REALLY love her and get her a Swaro! LOL

4678aec03a21ae00.jpg

Don't spend alot. She will take it with her when she leaves you.

---------------------------------------
"I needed a cheesy signature saying like everyone else"

Yoou guys r funny!!!! She can have it if/when she leaves since it's a left handed rifle and a present.

On the serious side, whats the difference in quality????

It may be easier, and faster, to just contact Leupold and see what they say about the differences. You may be able to go to their website and review the specs on each one and see what the difference is as well.

Scott
Member: RMEF, SCI, and NRA

This may be too late but, I've been also looking at these as well as the Nikon Monarchs. I believe I was told at a retail store a few weeks ago that the coatings are better on the VXIII's. Also some reticles ie BDC are only available on the VXIII's. I'm also shopping around and haven't bought a scope in 25 years so it's a bit difficult to compare unless you go somewhere and look thru them. I personally couldn't tell much difference in the 2 Leupolds or the Nikon although it was only inside the store light conditions.

One big difference between the 2 is that on the VX2 the adjustments are friction versus click on the VX3. I've been told - but it could be urban legend that the new VX2 is really about the same as an older Vari-X III as far as glass goes. VX3 has a little bit better glass then the old Vari X or the new VX.
Clear as mud??

You might want to get that VX3 since its being phased out and replaced by??? Another thought if you haven't looked at them, for about the same cost of a VX3 take a look at their Mark 2 scopes, I just got one in 3-9x40 with their Long Range reticle and really like it so far, has the windage adjustment turret already on it - nice scope for the money.

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos

Great Deals at Camera Land

Camera Land - Optics, Cameras, & More

Camera Land - The Place to Buy Optics

Camera Land - The Place to Buy Optics
Back
Top Bottom