Valle Vidal advice

JohnnyC1212

So I got really lucky this spring!! I drew the muzzleloader tag for the Valle Vidal!! I have been to Colorado a handful of times on elk and mule deer hunts. Some success, but always a great time when I am able to hunt out west being from Iowa. I have never even been to New Mexico, but am so grateful to have the opportunity to experience this hunt. I have done as much e-scouting as I am capable of doing and am planning on a scouting trip in September. I plan on busting my ass for the duration of the trip and putting in the work. I’m not looking for secrets, but just recommendations on which campground to stay at? What is the nearest town or locker to take meat to if I am lucky enough to harvest. I’ll take all the advice I can get! Thank you all and happy hunting

Good unit , you better be in great physical shape as the country can be rough. There are two campgrounds Cimarron and Mcrystal both are fine. I prefer Cimarron . You can also do backpack style hunt/camp. That time of year be prepared for any weather from warm to a foot of snow . There is no shortage of elk in the are. Just depends on the rut if its still going or tappering off. Dont over look the area behind shuree ponds it gets overlooked but the elk love the area there

Thanks for the info bobby, I am planning on spiking in for at least a couple days. I’ll keep my fingers crossed for decent weather.

I hunted that same tag a few years ago. Take a mountain bike and use it to get back on some of the old logging roads. I was able to cover a ton of country on my mountain bike.

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom