vacation plan

vinihunt

I know it is not about hunting but want to ask about Yellowstone vacation trip coming this summer 2012

some people said to stay at West Yellowstone, Big Sky or Jacksonhole

we ll be travel from New Mexico, will like to rent cabin next to the river so we all can fish, close to Yellowstone Park too

thanks

vinihunt

Here's what I'd do. Travel to Cody and then into Sunlight Basin and head into the Park through the NE entrance. Sunlight Basin is amazing with plenty of fishing opportunities near the roads. Then find a place to spend the night in the Park and see the sites. You'll probably want two full days anyway. The following day drive into Jackson. We always stay at the Painted Buffalo. Its on the strip and close to downtown...

September is the time to go if you can.

Make the circle from West Yellowstone to Cody and see the museum, down to Thermop, to Dubois, Moran and on to Jackson. I love the park but I prefer to see the park and then spend most of my time in the surrounding areas rather than the park itself.

my fav. is mammonth in the park. the elk are just hanging out in town. im from the cody area so if you need any info just let me know. you can me a pm

LAST EDITED ON Nov-01-11 AT 00:51AM (MST)[p]I just got back from there a cpl weeks ago. We go in at west yellowstone, then up north and stayed at mamoth. Then fiddled around the next day going to old faithful, then East to cody. since you have school age kids you will be stuck going right in the busiest time.
I pulled my kid out of school the 2nd week of October, did yellowstone, then dropped down to casper WY. And did a cpl day antelope hunt. Your kids would have a blast.

Wyoming Hunting Guides & Outfitters

Badger Creek Outfitters

Offering elk, deer and pronghorn hunts on several privately owned ranches.

Urge 2 Hunt

We focus on trophy elk, mule deer, antelope and moose hunts and take B&C bucks most years.

J & J Outfitters

Offering quality fair-chase hunts for trophy mule deer, elk, and moose in Wyoming.

Yellowstone Horse Rentals - Western Wyoming Horses
Back
Top Bottom