Utards still do this?

Zigga

Long Time Member
Utah man chooses firing squad for execution
A Utah judge signed a death warrant Friday allowing the state to execute Ronnie Lee Gardner using a five-man firing squad, a spokeswoman for the Utah's state court system told CNN.

Before signing the death warrant Third District Judge Robin Reese asked Gardner if he wanted to be executed by the method he had chosen previously, spokeswoman Nancy Volmer said.

"I would like the firing squad, please," Gardner replied.

It would be the state's first use of the firing squad since 1996 when John Albert Taylor was executed for the rape and murder of an 11-year-old girl. Taylor said he chose the method to embarrass Utah, which at the time was the only state that offered the firing squad as an option.

Gardner's execution date was set for June 18, 2010. However, Gardner's lawyer said he planned to file an appeal, which could change the date, Volmer said.

A change in Utah's law in 2009 took the firing squad away as an execution option. But inmates, like Gardner, who have already chosen the firing squad can still be executed that way, according to the Death Penalty Information Center.

Oklahoma offers the firing squad as an option - but only if lethal injection and electrocution are later found to be unconstitutional, according to the Death Penalty Information Center.

The country's most famous execution by firing squad was when Gary Gilmore was killed using a firing squad in 1997. Asked for any last words before guns were fired, Gilmore replied: "Let's do it!"

His execution was also the inspiration for Norman Mailer's book "The Executioner's Song."

Hell yeah Zigga! Better watch your step in the Beehive State.

UTROY
Proverbs 21:19 (why I hunt!)

LAST EDITED ON Apr-23-10 AT 02:22PM (MST)[p] SO BE IT.......JUST AS LONG AS STINKYSTOMPER IS NOT THE LONE GUNMAN.......HE TENDS TO SPRAY HIS SHOTS, AS UTARD LORE HAS IT ON RECORD. HATE TO SEE THE INMATE LIMP OFF GUT SHOT......J/K...YD.

What's wrong with him suffering a little from the gut shot, then finish him off. Might be more consideration then he gave his victim.

RELH

> HATE TO SEE THE
>INMATE LIMP OFF GUT SHOT......
>

Or with a bottle of Muscle Milk stuck up his a$$.

Don't worry, I'll give him 4 hours to set up then I will track him back down and shoot him in the guts one more time to finish him off. If he doesn't fall down immediately like my dutton bull I will put one square through his hips blowing off his testicles on the way through. After he stops twitching then I will shove a bottle of muscle milk up his arse while cnn takes my photo of me holding his head.

ego participate in Monasteriense muleys proinde ego sum bardus (I participate on monstermuleys therefore I am stupid)

Pretty certain it is a head shot that is taken, resulting in almost instantaneous death. Also, I heard that if it is a firing squad, the shooters doesn't know who has the live round. Don't know for sure whether this is truth or heresay.

Well NVPete,
Shows how much you know about Utah's firing Squad!
Sure the Hell ain't no Head shot!
You're right about some of them not knowing who's shooting the real McCoys!

LAST EDITED ON Apr-23-10 AT 06:29PM (MST)[p]Heart shot - they place an X directly over the heart on the inmate's clothing.

EDIT - They use a five man team - four fire live rounds, one fires a blank.

"The last inmate to die in Utah by firing squad was John Albert Taylor, who raped and murdered 11-year-old Charla King. On Jan. 26, 1996, he was hooded and strapped to a chair as five shooters took aim at a cloth target taped over his heart. Four executioners fired live rounds, while one weapon had a blank."

Taken from this article here:

http://www.sltrib.com/ci_14945392?source=most_viewed

UTROY
Proverbs 21:19 (why I hunt!)

LAST EDITED ON Apr-23-10 AT 08:42PM (MST)[p]My vote goes to stinky! I like ur style. Thats how the guy should be put to death. I would pay to see that on Pay Per View as well! LMAO!

But who is paying for stinky's bullets..It will cost the taxpayers at least a couple hundred dollars before he gets hit...

horsepoop.gif

Disclaimer:
The poster does not take any responsibility for any hurt or bad feelings. Reading threads poses inherent risks. The poster would like to remind readers to make sure they have a functional sense of humor before they visit any discussion board.

What ever happened to our Drawn and Quartered choice? Must have run out of horses, too bad.

DC

firing squad is the quickest way to die. Look into lethal injection. Lot's of times they have to do it again, and keep upping the dosage. Firing squad is quick and easy.
The guy said that he chose firing squad because he's already been shot 3 times before. He was shot in the leg, and was also shot once during his escape attempt.

Oh boy, oh boy a merit badget for killing a scumbag. I wouldn't give that A--hole the gratification of owning one of his pins.

"Vegetarians are cool. All I eat are vegetarians - except for the occasional mountain lion steak."
-Ted Nugent-

>Well NVPete,
>Shows how much you know about
>Utah's firing Squad!
>Sure the Hell ain't no Head
>shot!
>You're right about some of them
>not knowing who's shooting the
>real McCoys!

Alright B Bop A Bozo is correcting NVPete now too. In this case why don't they just "gut" shoot him once and let him crawl around awhile!

I'm sooooo embarrassed for the State of Utah...not. The real embarrassment is how we as society continue to pamper these scum...

I have no problem sending someone deserving to their death but am trying to imagine what the custodian would have to go through. The injection seems cleaner.

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom