Utah Wildlife Board Meeting streaming live.

Also....at this site are some compelling power points that discuss and address the dwindling deer herds in Utah.

47% fawn mortality in Utah.....hmm.......wonder why the deer herds aren't growing.

No, it is because we don't have enough bucks there to protect the fawns. If only hunters would shoot 50% less bucks then the saved bucks could be there to protect the fawns. Bring on the micro units and cut hunter numbers so the fawns will live!!!!!!!!!!!!

Since when do bucks protect fawns... Whenever I'm calling for coyotes and use fawn bleats and deer come in it's probably 95% does that come in ready to kick some trash. I'm not saying that bucks won't protect fawns but the does are the ones with the protective instinct. Plus more bucks don't produce more fawns... Increase the health of our doe population will increase the health of the fawns which should help with survival. We also need to control the predator populations.

Workman Predator Calls Field Staff
http://www.workmanpredatorcalls.com

Please tell me you people are kidding......It was actually insinuated in the meeting that the rabbit population is to blame.....wow.

If there were more rabbits then the bob cats and coyotes would leave the deer alone.

Wish I could be there in the morning.

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom