Utah Sportsman Permit

E

Extex

After looking at many sheep when this fella hit the glass the first time he took my breath. I actually passed him up earlier in the day and also passed up another at only 30 yds. I was sick thinking about it. We went back and he was still in the basin. I knew he was not an absolute giant but I also knew he was damn big. I took the bird in hand. He is magnificent - my first ram and I could not be any happier. He broomed off 1 side a little but with 16 inch bases who cares. 32 and 36 inch lengths and rough scores 171.

Magnificent animals in magnificent places!

http://www.refugepics.com/members/Extex/ram1.jpg[IMG]

[IMG]http://www.refugepics.com/members/Extex/ram2.jpg[IMG]

That Ram is a GREAT ram for any state but is a SMOKER in Utah he is worthy of the Sportsmans Tag VERY VERY NICE JOB

UThunting
Clynt L Citte
Willard Utah

Happy for you, what a once in a life time experience. And a trophy for the wall to remind you ever time you look at that bad boy!

Congratulations on a great ram. He is definitely an upper end ram for either of the Units. How old is he? Now that you officially have the sheep bug, what is next? I will send you a pm with a few pics of my ram from Range Creek.

TJ

Thanks - I look forward to the pics. Now that I have the sheep bug :D My bud -I think you talked to him -has max points for BH. I'll get to tag along for that one - soon I hope and I have 9 points for DS - that light at the end of the tunnel is getting brighter at least. Since I am sorta close to the desert tag I'll probably let the wife keep her death grip on the check book for now. All bets are off after that.

I call the taxi every other day waiting on him to get the skull finished - yea I have the bug :)

That country is desert sheep looking country - but they are RMB. Don't know the story of why they put RMB in range creek and rattlesnake. It may be because the Indian Res to the North had them and they sorta moved in and they added by stocking more. It's not quite as desert as most of the desert sheep country is but there is not much green to be found. There is lots of bighorn habitat unused by BH's in Utah - just to many domestic sheep. ;-)

Thanks Ex, then I am even more impressed with your ram knowing it is a Rocky!!

I sooooo want a tag...gimme gimme. Hopefully I can get ungimped in time to enjoy watching Mrs. PleaseDear whack one next week!!

WOOO!

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom