utah permit question

L

lovetohunt1

i have a quick question and i didnt know where to turn but here.. so please have patience with me i know this site to be a bit ruthless at times. my brother in law drew a general season rifle tag and isnt able to go, so instead of letting the tag go to waste would the dwr allow him to transfer the tage into my name since i didnt draw a general season tag? thanks for your help!

No That would not be possible. He could however turn the tag in before the season starts, he would not get a refund for the permit but would be able to keep a preference point instead. The problem with making tags transferable is people start putting their great grandmothers in the rest home in for hunts that they would no way be able to go on and just have their tag transfered.

The above info is spot on.

Just to add to it, UT Law doesn't allow for the transfer of tags either.

Good luck in your hunting adventures this season.

Yup!

It's a Poor Law!

I know somebody somewhere wanted to transfer their LE Elk Permit to me earlier this year!:D:D:D

15" Bases?
30" 5ths?
GOOD GAWD A MIGHTY!

LAST EDITED ON Oct-14-12 AT 08:03AM (MST)[p]its not a poor law!

there was a time when people would put their grandma, mother, aunt, ect into the le drawing process with themselves with a party tag knowing full well the other party didn't give a rip about hunting anyways. They would then turn the other half of the party's tag back in and this allowed quite a few people to point jump ahead of others.

The law was changed because of abuse. What you are trying to would open it back up to abuse. The only way to stop this is stopping the transfer of tags and make it so you have to draw to hunt. Its a fair system for everyone!

Tell him to turn the tag back in so he still gets his preference points so he can draw the tag easier next year. If he doesn't he might be 2-3 years before he draws the tag again.

Can we update this forum so posting with a
phone is easier?

>Hey Bucky?
>
>Can you not tell when I'm
>RAZZIN anymore?
>
>
>
>15" Bases?
>30" 5ths?
>GOOD GAWD A MIGHTY!

He got distracted counting corn in his poo.

4abc76ff29b26fc1.jpg

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom