Utah Otc Elk

Aerosith

This will be my first year giving the OTC early rifle elk season a chance, the season runs October 5-11. I am planning on going way back into the high uintas many miles from the roads/trailheads. I understand the elk density is low.
But I am wondering what peoples thoughts are on hunting pressure? What kind of bull should I hold out for? Do the elk bugle much?

Any antlered animal will be shot at by either you, or the guy 200 yards from you... 😁

If you are packed in, pressure is reduced, but you should still consider any bull. Or at least any branch-antlered bull.
I wouldn't shoot anything smaller than a branch antlered bull. I am betting on the fact that the herd bulls should still be with cows those first couple days of season. Hoping for something decent 280"+.

Last edited:
I wouldn't shoot anything smaller than a branch antlered bull. I am betting on the fact that the herd bulls should still be with cows those first couple days of season. Hoping for something decent 280"+.
It's doable.. Better have a little luck on your side..if you do have some luck post some pics and let us know how things went

Bearpaw Outfitters

Experience world class hunting for mule deer, elk, cougar, bear, turkey, moose, sheep and more.

Wild West Outfitters

Hunt the big bulls, bucks, bear and cats in southern Utah. Your hunt of a lifetime awaits.

J & J Outfitters

Offering quality fair-chase hunts for trophy mule deer, elk, shiras moose and mountain lions.

Shane Scott Outfitting

Quality trophy hunting in Utah. Offering FREE Utah drawing consultation. Great local guides.

Utah Big Game Outfitters

Specializing in bighorn sheep, mule deer, elk, mountain goat, lions, bears & antelope.

Apex Outfitters

We offer experienced guides who hunt Elk, Mule Deer, Antelope, Sheep, Bison, Goats, Cougar, and Bear.

Urge 2 Hunt

We offer high quality hunts on large private ranches around the state, with landowner vouchers.

Allout Guiding & Outfitting

Offering high quality mule deer, elk, bear, cougar and bison hunts in the Book Cliffs and Henry Mtns.

Lickity Split Outfitters

General season and LE fully guided hunts for mule deer, elk, moose, antelope, lion, turkey, bear and coyotes.

Back
Top Bottom