Utah OIL SLAM

Bobcat did.....twice.

What is included in the slam? I'm guessing you would have to live to 300 years in order to pull that off.

I have heard of some who have had all the available OILs before we introduced goats, but I don't know specifically who they are. I have also heard of more than one Nevada Resident that has a Nevada Slam...Desert, Rocky, California Sheep and Goat.

I hear those people do real well in Vegas as well!

Jay Anderson of Ogden Utah has drawn ALl five of the Utah once in a lifetime permits - bison, desert, rocky, goat and moose.

There are several guys who have drawn both rocky and desert permits.

some of us, most of us have never drawn ONE !

I have drawn Moose and Bison should draw rocky with in a couple years near the top. But I think it will be a long time before desert. But I do have a couple points from back when you could put in for all species.

Rutnbuck

I have Shiras Moose, Rocky Ram and Mnt. Goat on the wall.....

Kelly--what Raocky unit ya doing this year?

Robb

LAST EDITED ON Jan-18-10 AT 07:42AM (MST)[p]I was waiting for you to tell me which unit Robb. Three C, Bear Top or West Dagget. Send me a P.M and tell me what ya think. Think of it this way. Are you doing Bison or Desert?? If Bison I could mule for ya. But I am betting your doing Desert you being the Sheep GURU and all.

Rutnbuck

Johnny Parson , Desert sheep, Mt goat, Moose, Bison
will probably draw a rocky any minute!
--------------------------------------

"I needed a cheesy signature saying like everyone else"

I've been pretty fortunate in drawing Utah tags. I drew a bison tag in 1981, a rocky tag in 1993, and a desert tag in 2004. I strictly bowhunt and was able to take my buffalo and rocky with my bow, but missed two good shots at a very nice desert sheep and ended up not filling my tag. I have had 5 Wyoming moose tags through the years, so I haven't applied for moose since they passed the regulation of only applying for 1 OIL tag. Therefore I am now after a goat permit, but I am nearing 70 years old so I doubt I will live long enough to draw it. This year my son and I both have enough points to draw the Bookcliffs deer tag, so it will be at least another year before I even have a chance at a goat tag.

3454buffalo.jpg

6324rattlesanke-ram.jpg

Have a good one. BB

>Bobcat did.....twice.
>
>
>What is included in the slam?
> I'm guessing you would
>have to live to 300
>years in order to pull
>that off.

Did Bobcat get banned from the forums? I haven't seen any of his posts with the "interesting" signature in a long time.

Great pics buglinbilly.

I think bobcat got the boot but has been lurking under another name maybe. It's a shame. D13er got booted and somehow we were unlucky enough to get her back. :) God help us. Why we can't get bob back us unknown to me.

Yes, I know of two people who have drawn. As previously mentioned, Jay Anderson has and I also have been blessed to draw all of the species albeit the Moose was the antlerless variety.

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom