Utah Muzzeloader Bull

t_boneking

After 24 years I decided to cash in my 24 elk points. I decided to do a Muzzeloader hunt. I wanted to experience the rut and get in close with bulls. I ended up passing around 20 bulls during the six days I hunted. At the end of day six my dad and I slipped in close on this beautiful bull and his ten cows. It was amazing to watch him rut and chase cows. When he turned broadside at 105 yards I knew he was my bull. I made one good shot and it was all over. Having my dad by my side made this my top elk hunting memory.
IMG_7823.jpeg

FullSizeRender.jpeg

IMG_0172.jpeg

IMG_0183.jpeg

Great bull and great decision - I think the muzzy hunt is the best of all the Utah hunts for the overall experience.

He looks like a stud-congratulations!!

Great bull
Great pictures
What Muzzy did you use?
I used a Remington ultimate Muzzeloader. I shot 95 grains of weighted blackhorn 209 and a 300gr Parker bullet. It did the job well. But I’m glad it was a 105 yard shot. I didn’t want to shoot to much further than that.

Bearpaw Outfitters

Experience world class hunting for mule deer, elk, cougar, bear, turkey, moose, sheep and more.

Wild West Outfitters

Hunt the big bulls, bucks, bear and cats in southern Utah. Your hunt of a lifetime awaits.

J & J Outfitters

Offering quality fair-chase hunts for trophy mule deer, elk, shiras moose and mountain lions.

Shane Scott Outfitting

Quality trophy hunting in Utah. Offering FREE Utah drawing consultation. Great local guides.

Utah Big Game Outfitters

Specializing in bighorn sheep, mule deer, elk, mountain goat, lions, bears & antelope.

Apex Outfitters

We offer experienced guides who hunt Elk, Mule Deer, Antelope, Sheep, Bison, Goats, Cougar, and Bear.

Urge 2 Hunt

We offer high quality hunts on large private ranches around the state, with landowner vouchers.

Allout Guiding & Outfitting

Offering high quality mule deer, elk, bear, cougar and bison hunts in the Book Cliffs and Henry Mtns.

Lickity Split Outfitters

General season and LE fully guided hunts for mule deer, elk, moose, antelope, lion, turkey, bear and coyotes.

Back
Top Bottom