Utah Moose questions

T

Teal

LAST EDITED ON Jul-12-10 AT 09:18AM (MST)[p]I have drawn a tag on Jacob's Creek CWMU for once in a liftime moose, I was wondering if anyone has hunted Jacob's Creek before for elk, deer, or moose?
Do you know if good bulls are in the area and what is the best way to approach the area.
I have spoken to the unit manager, but no scouting is allowed, so I drove up Farmington Canyon and looked down into the unit but could not see much.
Good information would be appreciated, Thanks.

Also has anyone seen any good Utah moose this year? Do you know how they have wintered? Have you seen them near Farmington, Morgan or any place near Jacob's Creek CWMU?

I usaully do not see moose up high when north of the towers so I would focus either south of the towers or down in lower elevations of the unit.

i put in for that place two years ago seen a huge bull just on the front of the farmington side close to the unit line.

We saw a few pretty good bulls on up on top of the Farmington area, just across the boundary from the CMWU, on public land during my wife's cow moose hunt. I think we hunted up there in 2008. I would expect as good or better on the private ground.

Thanks for the information. I am wondering what time of year you have seen the moose south of the towers? Also are they near the ponds or are they staying in the trees shading up?
If you had a tag what areas would you frequent and what areas would you avoid?

Thanks for the information. I know the tag holder shot a 52" bull last year.
If you had this tag what areas would you frequent and what areas would you avoid?

Thanks for the information. It sounds like there are quite a few moose in the area. If you had a tag what areas would you frequent and what areas would you avoid?

In September moose cross the road all the time around the yellow circle.

488jacob_creek_moose.jpg

hey teal i seen the two big bulls in the first square going up to the towers on the left side of the road

good luck bud, when is your hunt would love to come up and help you find a nice bull my friend and i know the farmington area pretty good let me know.

i have seen a good amount of moose up on the backside there... i saw them during the archery season when other moose hunters were out. i dont know what weapon they were using, buti have seen good moose on the south end.

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom