Utah hunting changes

S

soapie

Why all the changes. Now the deer hunt is a five day hunt, but the youth get nine days whats up with that. Plus in 2011 there are going to be more changes, is the fish and game ever going to get something that works for all hunters. I know that they can't please everyone but come on. Its seems that when they lowered the age limit it all went to xxxx. Put the age limit back to 14 or 16. If an area is low in numbers close that area and and let the numbers come back and then draw just so many tags to keep that area in check. How many changes are they going to make before they get it right. Give out less tags and give the deer herd a chance. Why are they giving out so many cow elk tags, I watched a slaughter on the fishlake uint on the november hunt, those elk that came out on to flat did'nt have a chance they didn't no were to go. there were hunters everywere cleaning elk, gut piles every were is that hunting? Something got to give. I think its all about the big dollar and not about the hunt.

Oh yea I have sent email to the borad and voiced my opinions on these changes.

You may have a couple of good points, but blaming the crux of the problems on lowering the age limit to hunting isn't one of them. If the the annual harvest from archery hunters isn't significant (which I keep hearing), then it is very hard to believe that those successful youth between ages 12-16 that harvest an animal would have much significant effect either. Seriously, this is not the reason for the problems you are referring to.

I'm not sure I like the change to a 5 day hunt, but if they are going to drop it to 5 days I like the idea of letting youth hunt a couple extra days. I might be in favor of it just because I have a son that will be 12 this summer. We will stay home on the opener and head out the 2nd weekend. It is impossible to please everybody.

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom