Utah gun Laws

rugarm77

SALT LAKE CITY -- The Utah Senate passed a measure Wednesday that would exempt Utah from any federal regulations on firearms manufactured and sold within the state.

Lawmakers approved the measure 19-10. Senate Bill 11 now advances to the House.

The proposal would do away with federal regulations on firearms made and sold in Utah, including criminal background checks and bans on certain types of weapons and ammunition.

Senators who voted against the bill said it's unconstitutional. Gun Violence Prevention Center of Utah board member Steve Gunn agrees and said the bill would bring an expensive lawsuit into the middle of the recession.

"It's silly because we're picking a fight that we can't win, and what would be the reason we would want to pick the fight in the first place?" Gunn said.

Sen. Margaret Dayton, an Orem Republican, is the bill's sponsor.

Similar bills have passed in Tennessee and Montana, with 20 other states looking to do the same.

------

Story compiled with contributions from Sheryl Worsley and The Associated Press.

WTF do I stay in Ca??.....and it seems that name (Gunn) was wasted on that dude...

great post/pic, thanks for sharing

JB
497fc2397b939f19.jpg

Must be great to still live in the United States. In a couple of years I'll be able to move from the peoples republic of kalifornia and return to whats left of a great nation! Things are so screwed up here if there were to be an election today pelosi, fienstien and boxer would be re-elected.

Norkal

INVEST IN LEAD FOR THE TIMES AHEAD!

It will be interested to see how well this goes over with the ATF once it gets rocking and rolling.

--I'm looking for a man... who calls himself Bucho! That's all! And you had to do it, the hard way!--

LAST EDITED ON Feb-04-10 AT 10:31AM (MST)[p]I guess everyone is going to buy up a lot of Christensen Arms and Brownings! - That is the few Brownings that are actually still manufactured in Utah.

UTROY
Proverbs 21:19 (why I hunt!)

And Robinson Arms, North American Arms, AMF, and others.

--I'm looking for a man... who calls himself Bucho! That's all! And you had to do it, the hard way!--

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom