Utah gets Montana Sheep

littlebighorn

Long Time Member
I just got this message from Ryan Foutz (UFNAWS President)

Yesterday was a great day for 60 Montana Bighorn sheep who now call "Utah"their home. 12 Rams and 48 ewes & lambs were released yesterday in Lake canyon and in the right hand fork of Indian canyon located southwest of Duchesne. This was a collaborative effort with Montana Game & Fish, Montana chapter FNAWS, Utah DWR & Utah FNAWS.
A special thanks goes to Randall Thacker with the DWR in the Vernal office and the DWR employees who worked in 20 below temperatures and drove all night to bring these sheep to their New home. A lot of time, effort & money was put into this transplant project that will provide opportunity in the
near future.

Adam Eakle with "Roughin it Outdoors" TV program will be running a story this Saturday night at 11:00pm.
Thank you to all who support Utah FNAWS and help with our mission & fundraising efforts to "Put & Keep Sheep on the Mountains".

I dont know the area real well, done some shed hunting there, but seems like there could be some trouble with domestics. Hope they did their homework. It's a shame whats happened on Timp. It would be great to get a well stablished heard out there.

I'd love to know where these sheep were taken from too, I hadn't heard of anything and can't find any information on it.

Thanks, seems like they picked a spot that could handle losing quite a few. I wish they'd start redistributing them throughout the state a bit more, I spend time in quite a few drainages that could use a shot in the arm to get the population going again.

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom