Utah Extended Archery

G-Hought3

I haven't been up yet but am thinking of going on the Wasatch this weekend. Anyone been up lately? Are the deer down low yet or still up mid mountain? How is the snow? Was down on the Henry's during the rifle hunt and some of the deer there were already starting to rut is it the same on the extended? Any info before I head out would be great so I don't have to waste a day figuring out where the deer are. Thanks!
bowhunter3,
Go big or go home

Don't want you to waste your time. Not many bucks! Most of the big ones have been killed already. Rut will start in a few weeks. The deer are high low and everywhere inbetween. Want to find a big buck? Look for the trail head with the most trucks and follow them in. They are all liars so don't believe them when they say they haven't seen anything.

Most people have to waste a few days finding the deer. I was up a few days ago after work. I didnt even take my bow just a quick trip to try to find something. I found deer from mid way up to the top. Good luck

The bucks up past weber canyon are still on top. you will find yourself a tiny buck or 2 down low, but all the good bucks are till up high. They get pounded so hard through he rut that you aren't going to find a stupid buck to shoot. just tie yourself to the other 10 guys on the same trail/face/canyon and you'll be in business

It was a big bodied 2 point. (this is my signature)

Thanks for the info. to the guys who helped out. I have a few different spots I go and just wanted to know which ones would be best to try first since it's a long drive from home and is hard to make it up a lot.
bowhunter3,
Go big or go home

I was out looking for Elk a few days ago and the deer were still at 9k.

http://i130.photobucket.com/albums/p248/nv_hunter/nevadaanimatedhelmetwd2.gif[/IMG]

The deer always stay high til mid Dec or Jan. That's been my experience at least.

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom