Utah digital drivers license

nuts4bucks

Is this sh!+ true?

Screenshot_20211030-220001_Facebook.jpg

Haha. No.

Whomever you're following that is feeding you this garbage, you'd be well-served to delete them from your influence list.

Well- DDL is (will be, sometime later this year) a real thing. But it's just another Apple Wallet item that states will allow to be scanned in and accepted as the driver's license if you don't want to carry the hard one. And Utah is one of many states allowing it (Arizona is another). Today, you can "digitize" credit cards, airplane tickets, various IDs, etc. I used to use it for airplane tickets when traveling for work because it actually was easy. No longer use apple wallet for much because it has little advantage for me.

Bottom line- the states will only issue DLs as they always have. If you choose to download your DL into Apple Wallet, you can go through their torturous process to set it up, and voila, you are digitized.

The flyer is partly true, partly false. The part that always bothers me is that once you digitize something, some smart crazy b****ard will eventually figure out how to hack it. I take that risk with credit cards, but refuse to do so with ID (DL, SSN, passports).

Let's Go Brandon... (even if he had nothing to do with this one)

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom