Utah coyote vs deer study

Save the money, kill the coyotes. Elaborate study just to find out what they already know. It might be interesting information, but it won't change the facts.

Good point shoot the coyotes and you will have your study done.
Keeping shooting them and see if the number of deer raise.

"I have found if you go the extra mile it's Never crowded".
>[Font][Font color = "green"]Life member of
>the MM green signature club.[font/]

My two problems with it...how much unneeded stress is the fawn and doe going to be put under for the netting and collars and implant??? The other is what's been stated. Why not kill the yotes when they are captured to collar as well??? Coyotes aren't the only problem but dragging this out with a study only prolongs the problem. At least they are Being pro active.
I just wish we could use common sense instead of making everything a huge process.

Traditional >>>------->

I'm a grad student at USU in the natural resource department. I can tell you that the "academics" do not believe that coyotes are the problem. They think that we are just a bunch of hillbillys who don't know any better.

A study will probably be a good thing to prove (or I guess disprove) our opinions.

There have been a lot of comments in many threads relative to perceived competence of biologists. It seems that the further the academics get away from field work, the less competent they are to make decisions relative to the field. Often decisions are made by those who have not been in the field for some time. Some of the best stuff I've read (relative to wildlife) are in master's theses and doctoral dissertations. They tend to be based on actual in the field observations and held to stringent standards relative to validity and reliability.

All I ask is that the collars for the coyotes be a bright and vibrant color easily seen in the wild for "observation". And the frequency codes be posted.

"Helping turn good tags, into great ones." - www.vipoptics.com

At what point in gestation are they going to be trapping the does? Are they doing it on the winter grounds? How many abortions will be caused by the stress? Will the does be tested to determine if they are pregnant before being implanted? Lots of questions. Some good information involving stress factors, possible abandonment of fawns after being handled, etc can be obtained. But finding out if coyotes kill fawns is a no brainer. Of course they kill fawns. But how will they know if the fawns died from stress or abandonment, or from coyotes. Did the coyotes find and kill/eat them or did they find them dead and then eat them? Just seems like a lot of harassment during a very critical time. But what do I know.

>At what point in gestation are
>they going to be trapping
>the does? Are they
>doing it on the winter
>grounds? How many abortions will
>be caused by the stress?
>Will the does be tested
>to determine if they are
>pregnant before being implanted?
>Lots of questions. Some good
>information involving stress factors, possible
>abandonment of fawns after being