Utah cow moose help for friend

huntFX4

ok all, a great friend of mine, another Marine is putting in for the cow moose tag. His best chances according to last year are for East Canyon Davis North Salt Lake area. I saw alot of cows and believe I can put him on one there pretty easily. He wants to put down another unit too. I think North Slope Henry's Fork-Burnt Fork looks good. Tags are up by 50% this year and there are two non-res tags and the 2006 success was 100%. That's big country that I've not looked at.
Anyone offer any tips on the best parts of that area to start searching? My buddy is in Iraq right now and stationed in Cali. I'm here in Utah and want to scout a little out there just in case. thanks in advance.

HuntFX4

I had that tag about 5 years ago. Shot my cow the first evening I was there. She was about a quarter mile from Hoop Lake. If he draws you shouldn't have any problem getting one down.
Dave

I drew the any bull tag for East Canyon this year and have been scouting the south end some but access is hard. You mention seeing a lot of cows on unit- could you email your info to help me in my scouting? [email protected]

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom