utah book cliffs

S

soberacrcher

i was lucky enough to draw a rifle book cliffs deer tag this year. i dont know a whole lot about the area. i was hoping somebody on here could help me with a good spot to start looking. i would really appreciate all the help thanks!

Get off the roads. You will see tons of deer, lots of little bucks. Don't get trigger happy, the bigger bucks show up later in the hunt. Pm me if you want.

4b1db2ac644136c4.jpg

people have been telling me the deer move down in elevation when the rifle hunt comes around so it doesnt do much good to scout them during the summer months. do ya know anything about this?

Summer scouting still tells you what is there. and besides you wanna scout tell the season so follow them where ever they end up.

Good luck on your hunt!

LAST EDITED ON Jun-15-11 AT 10:14PM (MST)[p]Ya they migrate off the tops during the muzz hunt and into the rifle hunt. Scouting doesn't really tell you what's there either. Be patient, hunt sun up to sundown and you will get you a good buck. Chances are you won't shoot one (170+) out the window of the truck, though it has happened I would rather rely on work than luck! If your unfamiliar with the area and wanna go, during the summer you can either learn the area they will be in during your hunt or go look at deer. If you find him on top I will put money on not finding him during your hunt. I love the unit and get to work there also!

4b1db2ac644136c4.jpg

I would definitely go on at least one trip in the summer... You can't pass on seeing 100+ bucks per day as just a fun trip, especially if you have kids who will love seeing so many animals so close to the vehicle...

The deer will move down, so you could take a half day and learn some of the lower elevation areas. The following video is an archery Book Cliffs hunt from 2009. GettinStokedOutdoors.com has a bunch of cool webisodes everyone should check out online.

This is pretty typical of the Books... I'll be out there with my dad... I'll post scouting videos later this summer... And hopefully my dad's wall hanger later this year...

"Therefore, wo be unto him that is at ease in Zion!" 2 Ne. 28: 24

It was a cool video. Well worth my time watching!

soberarcher,
When Justr_86 talks about the books, I listen. The guy seems to know his sheit! Just a thought.

Zeke

sweet thanks for all the help guys. all take all the information i can get cause it took me ten years to draw the tag!!!

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom