Utah Anybull Tags

Great idea. Hopefully it'll get a few more kids out hunting.
Ya maybe it will and that would be great, but this tag isn't what you should be starting youth on if you want them to have a good "hunting" experience unless you have the general elk really dialed in. This is for the camping trip remember.

Ya maybe it will and that would be great, but this tag isn't what you should be starting youth on if you want them to have a good "hunting" experience unless you have the general elk really dialed in. This is for the camping trip remember.

True, very limited on real estate for this hunt to keep people spread out.

They need to quit chasing the cows into the dirt by eliminating the oppoetunity of multiple tags and season dates...

Any bull area's are a hard hunt for youth hunters, I would think a hunt for youth just starting out would be where they see lots of animals.

I don't think the youth will impact it a ton. I think its a better compromise to what they originally wanted. I'm happy to see the archery get 5 more days. It should make it a little more fun. And I don't see the impact too severe. I was hoping a 5 pt or better in addition. But oh well it's better than the original proposal.

I'm on the fence with this one. I really don't like the idea of "unlimited" anything. My question is, since this was previously a "once in a lifetime" hunt for youth, can you still only ever get 1 tag? Or can you now buy a tag every year? My son drew it last year & and I have two daughters who can have tags next year.

Last edited:
Different hunts entirely, one is draw, once in a lifetime during the rut on general bull units. One was/is OTC general season.

Different hunts entirely, one is draw, once in a lifetime during the rut on general bull units. One was/is OTC general season.

Ohhhhh So they are keeping the youth any bull hunt (during the rut) that was once in a lifetime? and adding unlimited youth any bull tags during the general season elk hunt?

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom