Utah Antelope - Plateau Late Hunt

cowslayer

Fellow MM Addicts,

My mother-in-law has drawn her first tag ever. She was a non-hunter prior to my marriage to her daughter 7 years ago. She took hunters safety 4 years back to understand my passion better (awesome gesture) and now has drawn an antelope tag after 4 years of applying.

As you can imagine, I want her to be into lots of Antelope with a chance at a decent buck. This hunt could be a great opportunity to win her over to "our side" for keeps and continue to improve family relations.

Here it comes... If you had this tag, where would you go scout/hunt on this unit. Any one ever hunted this area on the late hunt? What can we expect as far as animals, size and spookiness?

Any honey holes, Please PM or e-mail me.

Thanks Chris

As I continue to research this unit. I am amazed at the diversity of terrain. I appreciate those that have sent me PMs with info regarding this unit. I truly appreciate the help.

Thanks CS

Great spot for a beginners hunt: lots of easy terrain, lots of antelope, & plenty of room to spread the hunters out so pressure isn't too big of an issue. Truly big antelope are a rarity though. Finding a respectable buck shouldn't be a problem, finding a B&C candidate will be. Good luck on her hunt and I hope she has a wonderful experience.

Thanks for the low down. I am sure we will have a wonderful time. We will get down there and find some antelope and soon as she closes the deal, we will post some pics.

I'm crossing my fingers that we can get it on film. Maybe Prism could use it in NeverEnough III, if it fits the bill.

CS

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom