UT Raffles

joesikora

Long Time Member
Just saw that Mossback has a raffle for a Pans Muley hunt. is that on private ground or a donated State tag and if donated who benefits from the sales of the tickets isn‘t Mossback a Outfitter?

The coming future of commercial hunting in Utah.

Not surprising the same dude that brought us the expo, Tony Abbott, is doing the same crap as well.

There is no end to the grift of some dudes

Am I wrong in thinking there is or was a plan or suggestion to change the rules for those tags so that they are no longer valid for the entire unit that they are in.??

Am I wrong in thinking there is or was a plan or suggestion to change the rules for those tags so that they are no longer valid for the entire unit that they are in.??
They essentially have two options, they can get unit wide tags, but have to allow a public hunter access to the LOA on a 1 to 1 ratio meaning for every tag they received a public hunter will have access to the private land.

The second option is they only have to allow 20% of the public hunters onto the private, so if they received 10 tags they would have to allow 2 public hunters rather then the normal 10, but it would cost them the unit wide tags. The loa tags would only be good for the private land inside the loa.

I could picture Doyle making enough coin on the old raffle for a new tripod for the point n click.

D9388A3B-03B6-4F26-8EFB-B9A19C947F9C.jpeg

A member from here "MM" Won the Fully Guided San Juan Elk Hunt last month. Not sure what he spent prob between $10 and $100 for another opportunity to hunt San Juan Elk. Regardless of "Feelings" I think that was a good deal. Especially when your more likely to get struck by lightning than Draw the San Juan Elk Tag from the State under the current system.

Just saw that Mossback has a raffle for a Pans Muley hunt. is that on private ground or a donated State tag and if donated who benefits from the sales of the tickets isn‘t Mossback a Outfitter?
I am surprised you just saw this raffle for the Pauns hunt. I would bet I have received over a hundred notifications between emails and texts. I would guess the odds are pretty slim.... but I am sure they are making a killing off this raffle!??

A member from here "MM" Won the Fully Guided San Juan Elk Hunt last month. Not sure what he spent prob between $10 and $100 for another opportunity to hunt San Juan Elk. Regardless of "Feelings" I think that was a good deal. Especially when your more likely to get struck by lightning than Draw the San Juan Elk Tag from the State under the current system.
My Friend Chris won the elk hunt last year and killed a great bull! Pretty cool opportunity to get a good tag!

Any one with there Utardian Lawyering merit badge care to enlighten me on the state laws regarding “Raffles for Profit”???? That these hunt obviously are. I know if it’s a non- profit or a fundraisers schools/teams etc it’s a means of raising fun and needed. And I know some get around it by calling it a “giveaway” with mandatory product purchases which I get the loop pole on that one. I’d hate to have to buy a chit ton of mb red hats to lose another raffle

Any one with there Utardian Lawyering merit badge care to enlighten me on the state laws regarding “Raffles for Profit”???? That these hunt obviously are. I know if it’s a non- profit or a fundraisers schools/teams etc it’s a means of raising fun and needed. And I know some get around it by calling it a “giveaway” with mandatory product purchases which I get the loop pole on that one. I’d hate to have to buy a chit ton of mb red hats to lose another raffle
I was wondering the same thing, I looked into it and it seems like they might be not only Utah laws but IRS laws, but I am sure they have lawyers that has found loop holes

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom