UT license question

BigPig

Very Active Member
So I did the deal with the every other year license thing. My license was still good from last year so I used it to apply this year. Now I actually drew the tag. So do I need to buy a new license now? Or is the license only for application purposes and once you have the tag you don't need one?

BigPig,
You just need a current license at the time of your application. You obviously need to carry your tag in the field, but an up to date license is not required then.

Good luck on your hunt - you should have a great time!!

It is strictly a money issue. The state doesn't get matching funds for the sale of tags from the feds but they do for licenses. So they basically use this as a back door to get funds.

alpinebowman

>>>---shots that are true pass right through--->

Pg 10 in Proc....

Be sure to take a quick look at the date on your license before you apply for any permits or points. As long as your license is valid on the date you submit your application, you don't have to purchase a new license for the actual hunt.
For example, assume that your license expires on June 25, 2010. If you apply before that date, you do not have to purchase a new license for your hunt in the fall. All hunting and combination licenses are valid for 365 days from the date
of purchase.
Carry your

I know, I read that. But got lost when it got to the actual requirements for the hunt. So do I need to carry my expired license in the field with me to prove that I had one when I applied? Logically that makes no sense since I obviously had to have one to apply, but sometimes logic doesn't apply to such rules.

No, you do not need to carry your expired licence. Last year mine expired in July and I didn't renew before the hunt. We got checked opening morning, they didn't even ask about a licence. They were only concerned about making sure you had a valid tag to be hunting.

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom