UT DWR recommendations for antlerless elk dates

BillyBoB

I've been looking over some of the hunting dates for several of the cow elk hunts on the RAC meeting recommendations page and see some huge date changes. Has anyone else gone over these and noticed them?
For example:
Cache antlerless hunt dates has been around the first week of October for the last three years. The recommend now is for Mid August???????????????

I noticed several other cow elk hunts set to begin in August.

http://wildlife.utah.gov/public_meetings/info/2014-04_rac_packet.pdf

Theodore Roosevelt's guidance concerning
conservation...
"The movement for the conservation of wildlife,
and the conservation of all our natural resources,
are essentially democratic in spirit,purpose and
method."

"We do not intend that our natural resources shall
be exploited by the few against the interests of the
majority. Our aim is to preserve our natural
resources for the public as a whole, for the
average man and the average woman who make
up the body of the American people."

"It is in our power...to preserve game..and to give
reasonable opportunities for the exercise of the
skill of the hunter,whether he is or is not a man of
means."

Oh Boy!

Trying to get an Animal as big as an Elk out before it Spoils in the August Heat!

Maybe they could issue Tags just to see Animals Fall!

[font color="red"]From My Smokin Cherry Red Hot Barrel & My Dead Cold Hands I Shall go down Fighting for American Pride & Rights!
I Know I'm Out Numbered by Pusssies & Brainwashed Democrats that'll Throw Their Hands in the air & I know I can't Lick the U.S. Military by Myself when they Turn on us but I'll make
you one Guarantee,They'll be Enduring a Situation where I Hope to Hell All Americans become True Americans once again & Stand up for their Rights!

All these archery fellas may want to consider wearing some orange! They will have some company on the mountain and they wont be flinging arrows either!

conservation...
method."

means."

Now that oughta Piss the StickFlippers off!

[font color="red"]From My Smokin Cherry Red Hot Barrel & My Dead Cold Hands I Shall go down Fighting for American Pride & Rights!
I Know I'm Out Numbered by Pusssies & Brainwashed Democrats that'll Throw Their Hands in the air & I know I can't Lick the U.S. Military by Myself when they Turn on us but I'll make
you one Guarantee,They'll be Enduring a Situation where I Hope to Hell All Americans become True Americans once again & Stand up for their Rights!

It's called a Two-fer Eel!

One advantage of an August Hunt would not having a Calf or Two to Deal with while Gutting!

LAST EDITED ON Mar-31-14 AT 05:41PM (MST)[p]I called today and spoke to the Biologist at the DWR and he wasn't aware of the wierd dates on the cow elk hunts recommendations. He said he will look into it and get it corrected. Said there must be some typos. I will need to look back and see how many there are listed for August. I know there were a few.

conservation...
method."

means."

>Elk you actually kill stuff, plus
>a calf or two is
>just like veal skin em
>and eat em up.

Do you really have to skin them?

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom