USFWS hijinx ?

DeerMadness

Long Time Member
Along with the the good things such as busting poacher scums I believe there is fraud going on too.

My relative was a great hunter and taxidermist too. A friend of his brought in a giant Russian Bear for taxidermy. News got around and one day the USFWS showed up. They asked him a ton of questions, which he shouldn't have answered since it wasn't his bear. Then they came back and said the bear was shot in Russia on the same day the hunter arrived in Russia. Whether that was correct or not the bear was legal in Russia and everything was legally approved before importation.

They threatened to bring men and guns back and take the bear by force if he didn't let them have it. I believe they wanted a nice trophy for an office or someone's home. What a shame.

No way to say anything pro or con about your accusations without more information! Is there a law requiring an open day in between flight and hunting over there? If there is and it was killed the same day of flight and it can be proved, end of story! If not, then the only other thing would be if the animal is legal to bring back into the states from that area and if all the proper paperwork to do so was completed to make it a legal import. Answer those few questions and if there were no violations that can be proved I would fight them all the way on it. They can't just take the animal without proper, documented cause or they would have already done it!

Yes, my thoughts also. I posted this as it's been on my mind and I want to find out the whole story. So I decided to see if anyone was interested first.

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom