Used Swarovski EL10x42

jr8fish

I have a chance at buying some lightly used Swaroski EL 10x42, the old version, that are in great condition. Part of the deal is a hard aluminum case and the Swarovski doubler. I can get said package for 1400... I want your opinion is this a good deal... or do better deals come around on a semi-frequent basis?

How good of a deal is this?

I'll tell ya what. I've got a pair of 8x32 Swarovskis that I just got back from having Swarovski go clear through. I will give you those and $500.00 just to make you feel better. That way you will own some Swarovskis and only have to pay $900. :)

jr8fish,

Until the newest version of EL's have come out, NO one complained about the old version so they are great glass. I think this model routinely sold for ~$1800, so $1400 is a decent price. It is a great price compared to the new model. I would not place any value on the doubler, just see all the negative info on their usefullness. Min value on the hardcase. So at $1400, it is a good deal, but not good enough to MAKE you buy these unless they are really what you want. Now at $1250, they may be a great deal.

My .02cents...

Recently I've seen three sets now, all EL's (10x42, non-HD) go for between $1100.00 and $1200.00...and all of these were offered as 'best offer', so they could have gone a bit cheaper via PMs that were unseen.

It's a tough economy and the prices reflect that.

I'm in the market for a pair for my wife who will be bighorn scouting/hunting with me and I want her to have great glass.
I'll be picky about the glass and price though, it's a buyer's market.
The glass you referenced is probably priced about right with the doubler, but the doubler might not be a necessity for you. I personally wouldn't use one much.

Gave up waiting on a simple kind response and bought Elkhunter96's like new zeiss victorys....

>I got a pair of EL
>10's for sale right now.
>
>
>$1000 shipped.
>
>Email me at [email protected] for pics,
>info, etc.
>
>Great glass!

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos

Great Deals at Camera Land