Units 52A and 68 Elk

S

svskier

Hi, I grew up in Carey and hunted Idaho from the time I could keep up with my dad. I got married and moved to Arizona years ago and have not consistently been able to hunt Idaho...I have a Unit 52A/68 Bull Elk tag this year and was wondering if I could get any ideas as to what part of the units to start looking: Its been over 20 years since I hunted this area and I am sure elk habits have changed... I have taken some good Deer and Elk in Idaho in the past so I am willing to hold out for a good bull. Any thoughts would be appreciated!

Thanks, Greg

Hi there. I've hunted 52A ever since they opened it to a general archery season. This has changed elk numbers and habits considerably. I'm guessing you have the rifle tag. It's still a good hunt. I'm not sure what you consider a good bull but if you look over enough elk you'll find that any 6 point is a taker. If you're only willing to shoot a trophy size bull you might be disappointed.

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos

Idaho Hunting Guides & Outfitters

Bearpaw Outfitters

Idaho Deer & Elk Allocation Tags, Plus Bear, Bison, Lion, Moose, Turkey and Montana Prairie Dogs.

Urge 2 Hunt

We focus on trophy elk, mule deer, whitetail, bear, lion and wolf hunts and spend hundreds of hours scouting.

Jokers Wild Outdoors

Trophy elk, whitetail, mule deer, antelope, bear and moose hunts. 35k acres of private land.

Back
Top Bottom