Units 360 and 330

J

jjdavis2222

Hey all, my dad and I along with my best bud and his dad drew the big game combo this year. We usally hunt the breaks for mulies but this year were thinking about checking out units 360 and 330 around Ennis. We are planning on flying over sometime around the end of September to scout it out before our mid November hunt. My concerns are that my dad and my buds dad are both 60 and this will be a DIY hunt on foot. So I am curious if anyone can tell me what the terrian is like around there. Could they get around ok? Steep stuff or are there some smaller hills too?

I am interested in this area because we would get to hunt for both Elk and deer at the same time. If anyone is interested in sharing any info about this area that would be great. Just some general info is needed, not asking for anything more. Feel free to reply here or email me at [email protected] Also if you have any pics of the area go ahead and post them, that would be great!

Thanks for your time!!

rightplacerighttime we have also chosen areas to try and double up and hunt both deer and elk at the same time. we have found that the best deer areas are not the best elk areas and vice versa. lots of pressure in 330 and very few deer on the public land.less pressure in 360 but have not been there for several years. after the first couple days you need to be able to hike to find the elk.

So would you suggest 360 for the elk.

We are use to Washington Hunting and the pressure is really back, like a guy on every ridge etc. Is it that bad?

When you were in 360, what was it like,

You can email me at [email protected]
if you want to.

Do you have any pics of the country

Im the other one in the post with my dad. We are all buds since high school and grew up together :)

360 is some rough azz country, mostly wilderness,a million and a half hunters with horses and few elk anymore, the elk are found 3-5+ miles from any trailhead and 2-3000+ feet above it. Very few deer as most who 'hunt' elk there gives up and shoot the first deer they see. ;-) Acutally the deer numbers have been down since the late 90's. Don't expect more than a 20" 4x4 muley, you're odds are better for a whitetail, they've taken over the country...

330 is roaded, with a lot of hunters, most of which don't stray more than a mile off the road. There are plenty of elk, but you'll have to dive into a hell hole (below the road) to find them. Snow can be an issue if you go up high on the roads. many times hunters have been snowed in for a week or more.

I personally would look for an area farther away from the wolf problem, and all the people. I would bet the elk population is about 40% of what it was 10 years ago.

Good luck on your hunt.

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos

Montana Hunting Guides & Outfitters

Bearpaw Outfitters

Mule deer, whitetail, antelope, buffalo, and prairie dogs on private ranch leases totaling about 100,000 acres.

Urge 2 Hunt

We focus on trophy elk, mule deer, whitetail and antelope and manage our ranches for top quality.

Vargo Hunting

Top quality bear, antelope and free range bison hunts on the Crow Indian Res. Turkey and cougar as well.

Back
Top Bottom