Unit question

B

BrownsandBucks

Need a little insight here. I hunted what was the central unit for 6 seasons while building a few points up. I was wondering that since the unit change which i believe its 17 a or 17b now will I burn my points if I draw it again? Before I knew it was a hunt I would draw every time on my 3rd choice and build points while knowing I had a fun hunt in my back pocket. Was a fun each year, definitely lots of hunters and the herd reduced in size big time in the 6 season I hunted but I enjoyed it anyway. Harvested 3 Bucks the first 3 years then got picky and had some cool encounters on decent bucks and 2 good ones and saw one really great buck the one year when it was a 5 day hunt and we had tons of snow.

Thanks in advance for any insight, just curious if I would burn my points as I want to keep building them for a more desirable hunt someday.

Yes.... if I'm understanding you correctly.

Any first choice application, if drawn, will burn your preference points for general deer in Utah.

Zeke

Yes, you will burn your points if you draw ANY UNIT as a 1st choice! However, you won't lose them if it's 2nd, 3rd, etc.

You will burn them if you draw it on a first choice. On a positive note I drew it as a 5th choice last year. I had Wastach West rifle as my first choice with 3 points sure was thinking I would have gotten that tag but oh well, had fun with the smoke pole.

Bearpaw Outfitters

Experience world class hunting for mule deer, elk, cougar, bear, turkey, moose, sheep and more.

Wild West Outfitters

Hunt the big bulls, bucks, bear and cats in southern Utah. Your hunt of a lifetime awaits.

J & J Outfitters

Offering quality fair-chase hunts for trophy mule deer, elk, shiras moose and mountain lions.

Shane Scott Outfitting

Quality trophy hunting in Utah. Offering FREE Utah drawing consultation. Great local guides.

Utah Big Game Outfitters

Specializing in bighorn sheep, mule deer, elk, mountain goat, lions, bears & antelope.

Apex Outfitters

We offer experienced guides who hunt Elk, Mule Deer, Antelope, Sheep, Bison, Goats, Cougar, and Bear.

Urge 2 Hunt

We offer high quality hunts on large private ranches around the state, with landowner vouchers.

Allout Guiding & Outfitting

Offering high quality mule deer, elk, bear, cougar and bison hunts in the Book Cliffs and Henry Mtns.

Lickity Split Outfitters

General season and LE fully guided hunts for mule deer, elk, moose, antelope, lion, turkey, bear and coyotes.

Back
Top Bottom