unit 98 Deer

elkhuntn247

I have kinda had my eye on unit 98. the dates line up well for, and Ill draw. just kinds wondering about numbers out there? Iv hunted 89 and saw a few deer, but wasnt worth the points I spent on it. I did shoot a 9 year old buck tho.

Im looking to hunt the mountain range west of the Ferris mountains(87)

Any info would be great

I take it lots of pressure with a rifle in there?

If its a joke ill find a new area. just trying to work around the elk hunt

ya I did read somethin like that. but I was more looking at the dates. Id rather hunt with a muzz anyway. Im not much of a rifle hunter.

In addition to the above limitations, there's also a pretty low deer density there. The area is mostly desert. It cannot be compared to 87, even though it's just across the road. Scouting would be a big part of success there, as just locating deer is tough.

Ya I figured it would be a whole nother world compared to 87. I hear even 87 has gone downhill. Im just lookin for a hunt that starts 10/15. still gonna look a little closer at 98 even with low numbers. maybe someone will chime in that has hunted it a time or two?

Wyoming Hunting Guides & Outfitters

Badger Creek Outfitters

Offering elk, deer and pronghorn hunts on several privately owned ranches.

Urge 2 Hunt

We focus on trophy elk, mule deer, antelope and moose hunts and take B&C bucks most years.

J & J Outfitters

Offering quality fair-chase hunts for trophy mule deer, elk, and moose in Wyoming.

Yellowstone Horse Rentals - Western Wyoming Horses
Back
Top Bottom