Unit 9 L Bar ranch to become public

CWINNER

I did a search and did not see a thread on this so here goes:

This will be a great addition to the Marquez WMA eventually. I'm intimately familiar with this property and can't wait for the public access to be worked out.

Has anyone seen a map of the boundary for this acquisition? The acreage listed and price are higher than just the lower L Bar ranch listed as the Crawford ranch leading me to believe they either got more of the old checkerboard from the Lee's or pieces of Lobo ranch to the south....

Either way, glad to see this type of partnership and hope that all parties can enjoy the benefits of this unique property!

Welcome @CWINNER to the forum and congratulations on your valiant effort at contributing something valuable (rather that just asking for GIS pins). The NM forum is a fabulous community of locals and visitors, some more agreeable than others.

I have no idea of your experience on public forums like this, but in the interest of a proper good-natured ribbing, I should like to point you to post #69 this thread ... Unit 9 NM land owner fraud soon after which I inserted my foot completely in my mouth.

I actually saw that thread you linked but did not scroll trough all the comments originally but after reading them now I agree the additional piece is likely the upper L-Bar.

I'm not really to active on these sites anymore and had to create a new account to post that original link cause I was wondering what some fellow sportsmen thought of this news and had not seen much buzz about this ...... I'm extremely happy this property will be added to the states WMA program and looking forward to spending some time out in the field up there eventually.

It’s the entire L Bar from what I’ve seen. Could be great, could get all Jacked up like other properties G& F has acquired. The EE still prime example of how they F’D up a property that no one can use after owning for 7 yrs

New Mexico Guides & Outfitters

H & A Outfitters

Private and public land hunts since 1992 for elk, mule deer, sheep, pronghorn, black Bear & lion hunts.

505 Outfitters

Public and private land big game hunts. Rifle, muzzleloader and archery hunts available. Free Draw Application Service!

Sierra Blanca Outfitters

Offering a wide array of hunt opportunities and putting clients in prime position to bag a trophy.

Urge 2 Hunt

Hunts in New Mexico on private ranches and remote public land in the top units. Elk vouchers available.

Mangas Outfitters

Landowner tags available! Hunt big bulls and bucks. Any season and multiple hunt units to choose from.

Back
Top Bottom