Unit 76 Antelope

L

Lochsa

It's been a while since I've posted but visit frequently. My brother drew 76 antelope (5 tags for Aug 15-Sept 15). I'm looking for any info about that unit and what he might expect as far as access, numbers of animals etc.

The hunt only includes the area south of Montpelier. It looks like only 20% public/state land and the rest private. Would it be worth trying to get on private or just stay on BLM? This is one part of the state that I've never been but always wanted to check out.

I think this is one of the units IFG sells tags for that there actually is no animals to hunt in the unit. Just Revenue!!! Just kidding I have no idea, couldn't resist the chance. What I have run into with Idaho Antelope is most the private guys think of them as a problem and getting access is usually easy. I would call the biologist for the area and see what he has to say.

Good luck, DZ

Thanks DZ. For all I know, it may be. I'll see what the local Biologists say. It's good to hear from you guys that actually know the area. Success is near 100% with decent sized bucks. Likely on private ground though.

Every regional office has a Landowner public relations officer. There job is to build relations between hunters and landowners.This person should have a list of names with landowners that have problems with big game on their land,or are just willing to let hunters tress pass. I have used this resource in the Salmon region for cow Elk hunting,and have had good success getting access to private land. Good luck..

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos

Idaho Hunting Guides & Outfitters

Bearpaw Outfitters

Idaho Deer & Elk Allocation Tags, Plus Bear, Bison, Lion, Moose, Turkey and Montana Prairie Dogs.

Urge 2 Hunt

We focus on trophy elk, mule deer, whitetail, bear, lion and wolf hunts and spend hundreds of hours scouting.

Jokers Wild Outdoors

Trophy elk, whitetail, mule deer, antelope, bear and moose hunts. 35k acres of private land.

Back
Top Bottom