Unit 76-66a

Gazelle

Thinking about taking my son on his first archery elk hunt. My Oregon spot really sucks now. I saw Unit 76 had some tags left still. What do you guys think? I would pack in 5-6 miles to escape the road warriors if this is possable. Looked like a 20% success rate. Just yaas or nays would suffice. Thanks, Tony

I haven't hunted the actual unit, but have hunted nearby in SE Idhao. There is a reason there are still tags available. And there aren't many places where you can pack in 5-6 miles without getting closer to the next road. No trying to steer you away just giving some facts.

It can be a real circus in unit 76. If you go labor day weekend you might want to reserve your camping spot with ticket master.

There are very few places you can get 2 miles from a road. Yes there is a lot of hunting pressure as mentioned. Elk are bugle shy. Quality has gone down hill the past few yrs. It's still hunting. I have access to a 5,000 acre private ranch that used to be great. I don't hunt it anymore. Good luck.

BE PREPARED TO WASTE YOUR FIRST YEAR LOOKING FOR ELK AND SPOTS TO HUNT THEM. AFTER YOU FIND THEM ITS PRETTY GOOD HUNTING. I WOULD PROBABLY TRY MORE TOWARD 66A FOR BIGGER BULLS 76 QUALITY HAS BEEN WAY DOWN.

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos

Idaho Hunting Guides & Outfitters

Bearpaw Outfitters

Idaho Deer & Elk Allocation Tags, Plus Bear, Bison, Lion, Moose, Turkey and Montana Prairie Dogs.

Urge 2 Hunt

We focus on trophy elk, mule deer, whitetail, bear, lion and wolf hunts and spend hundreds of hours scouting.

Jokers Wild Outdoors

Trophy elk, whitetail, mule deer, antelope, bear and moose hunts. 35k acres of private land.

Back
Top Bottom