UNIT 75 PRONGHORN

YukonDall

Long Time Member
ANY OF YOU FELLAS EVER TRY THIS UNIT ?? LOOKS LIKE I MIGHT HAVE A SHOT AT A HUNT IN 75. JUST LOOKING FOR GENERAL INFORMATION ON CAMPING SPOTS, CONDITIONS, LOPE MOVEMENT, DO & DONTS, ROAD ACCESS ECT. I DID HEAR IT HAS ITS FAIR SHARE OF SNAKES, THANKS FOR ANY HELP AT ALL....................YD.

Been through the unit a number of times both hunting deer and just looking. Last time through there was 2 years ago headed up to Ten Sleep. Lots of changes in road conditions....way better since I think it is 76 Oil is in there alot.
Have always been told that later in season is best and to the west side of unit. Plenty of places to CAMP and only 21 MILES FROM SHOSHONI TO MONETA. There is a nice Motel there in Shoshoni too. Then a short distance to Lysite when you turn off Hwy 20/26

Brian
http://i44.tinypic.com/es7x8z.jpg[/IMG]

Buddy and I drew that hunt last season. As it turned out we were unable to hunt together but each of us had no problem taking our bucks with little effort, but we weren't terribly selective. If you have the time I doubt you will have any trouble finding a good buck.
There is camping by the reservoir on the west end of the unit, but ample public ground throughout the unit. I did find it very helpful to have my GPS with wyoming land ownership boundaries as the roads go in and out of private/public quite often. When I was scouting I'd drive the roads and rely on the GPS and it was very helpful. Only local rancher I came across was very friendly and went out of his way to tell me i could take anything I liked out of his pasture.
Didn't see any snakes but did see a really cool Horney toed lizard and some cool and very different (to me) country. Make sure you bring your knee pads and leather gloves for any stalks (crawls) as there are lots of nasty cactus'.

On the opening day there were a few crazies bombing around and I would guess later on it would clear out quite a bit. Still a fun hunt I'd do again in a heartbeat.

Have fun

Wyoming Hunting Guides & Outfitters

Badger Creek Outfitters

Offering elk, deer and pronghorn hunts on several privately owned ranches.

Urge 2 Hunt

We focus on trophy elk, mule deer, antelope and moose hunts and take B&C bucks most years.

J & J Outfitters

Offering quality fair-chase hunts for trophy mule deer, elk, and moose in Wyoming.

Yellowstone Horse Rentals - Western Wyoming Horses
Back
Top Bottom