Unit 74 Scouting Trip

A

Apatkelley

Just got back from a scouting trip in unit 74. I've only been in Idaho for about a year and I'm still trying to adjust to the new country, animals and regs. I've been in South East Arizona all my life chasing the little Arizona coues whitetails, so this is quite a change for me. Anyway, I left Idaho Falls Thursday evening and got down to the Downey area with about an 1.5 hours of daylight left. I hiked up a draw and ended up on a ridgetop that provided some great country to glass. The country was a little thicker than I'm used to, but I ended up glassing up a doe with two fawns first, then a doe with a single fawn. No bucks, but right before dark, I spotted a real nice bull moose and then a herd of about 13 cow elk. I walked out in the dark and set camp. The next morning, I packed back in about 2 miles and got set up. Glassed up a few more does and then finaly spotted two decent bucks. They were in some real thick stuff, so I didn't get a very good look. On the way out I kicked up some blue grouse and a cow moose. Over all, I thought it was a good trip, but I realized just how much I've got to learn in my new state. Any help would be great.

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos

Idaho Hunting Guides & Outfitters

Bearpaw Outfitters

Idaho Deer & Elk Allocation Tags, Plus Bear, Bison, Lion, Moose, Turkey and Montana Prairie Dogs.

Urge 2 Hunt

We focus on trophy elk, mule deer, whitetail, bear, lion and wolf hunts and spend hundreds of hours scouting.

Jokers Wild Outdoors

Trophy elk, whitetail, mule deer, antelope, bear and moose hunts. 35k acres of private land.

Back
Top Bottom