Unit 73 info please

S

slim60d

I am acitve duty military and will retire in October after 20 yrs of service. My dad is coming out from back east for the ceremony and we are wanted to do a hunt close to the Base in Ogden...but not in Utah for obvious reasons. I am the Superintendent of the Hill AFB Honor Guard, we perform all the military Air force funerals in a five state region. I was at a funeral in Weston ID a week ago and this fellow came up and started talking about hunting. He mentioned weston sat in Unit 73 and was a good place to hunt as a non resident. I would like some input from you guys/gals here if you don't mind. Mature mule deer opinions and access availability....thank you in advance.

You must have been to Max's funeral?

I live in Weston, and am shocked that someone would recommend unit 73 to a non-resident (or resident for that matter), unless you have connection with a local land owner. It is mostly private land and is heavily hunted. Although there is some public land, the deer are often on private land.

In my opinion, the quality of bucks has fallen in the last 5 years, but there are still a few good ones out there. If I couldn't hunt the private land that I do, I would not hunt 73. PM me if you want more info. Good luck in your hunting.

slim..PM sent, i have a few ideas for you in 73

How to start an argument online:
1. Express an opinion
2. Wait

Dont do it. There are so many desperate hunters in there that didnt draw anything else you wont find a parking spot.

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos

Idaho Hunting Guides & Outfitters

Bearpaw Outfitters

Idaho Deer & Elk Allocation Tags, Plus Bear, Bison, Lion, Moose, Turkey and Montana Prairie Dogs.

Urge 2 Hunt

We focus on trophy elk, mule deer, whitetail, bear, lion and wolf hunts and spend hundreds of hours scouting.

Jokers Wild Outdoors

Trophy elk, whitetail, mule deer, antelope, bear and moose hunts. 35k acres of private land.

Back
Top Bottom