Unit 73 Antelope?

quest

Very Active Member
Planning on a Antelope hunt in unit 73 this year. I know there's a lot of BLM land but don't know too much about where to start. I was informed it was a fun hunt. Planning on staying in a motel in Casper any info would be helpful thanks.

I hunted a few days after the rifle opener in unit 72 last season, which is just South of 73. I am sure the antelope numbers are for the most part the same near highway 20-26, whether you are on the 72 side or the 73 side. Guys that have hunted that area say numbers seem to be down when compared to years past. But you wont know the difference if its your first time in the area like it was mine. I still saw plenty of antelope. I glassed an area in 72 and could see decent sized groups of antelope with good sized bucks across the highway in 73 near Powder River. Don't stress too much about the hunt ahead of time like I did, you will see antelope and it should be a lot of fun. It may take a little more time finding a larger buck then in years before the big winter, but if you lay off the trigger, you will run across a few shooters.

Wyoming Hunting Guides & Outfitters

Badger Creek Outfitters

Offering elk, deer and pronghorn hunts on several privately owned ranches.

Urge 2 Hunt

We focus on trophy elk, mule deer, antelope and moose hunts and take B&C bucks most years.

J & J Outfitters

Offering quality fair-chase hunts for trophy mule deer, elk, and moose in Wyoming.

Yellowstone Horse Rentals - Western Wyoming Horses
Back
Top Bottom