unit 72 Wyoming antelope

I hunted it a few years ago (3?) and shot one just at 15". The rest of the party killed 14 3/4, 13 ish and 12 ish.

The party went back about two years later and all of them were about 13 inches. They told me they never saw anything bigger.

There are plenty of goats, but in doing some of my research I think I got lucky with the one I killed. I dont think this is a trophy area. I enjoyed it but really have no plans to go back.

With all the public land in 72 ,I can't see why you need private land to hunt antelope.
I have never hunted in 72 ,but have hunted other units close by.After the first 3 days of season I have had the whole place to myself.

Whiterock, I have hunted it plenty. It is a good area. Lot of quality goats. This one came from that area two years ago. He is upper 70s and I didn't hunt very hard...

3359goat_hunting_2008_138.jpg

Well if you do let me know I can get you info and some private to hunt... I get out there quit often and can give you some options... I seen a couple goats in the upper 70" to low 80" right of the highway this year...

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom