Unit 70 Elk

J

jackjr

Drew unit 70 for elk. It was a screw up on my app. My own fault. Anyways might try to make the best of it. With the research I have done so far it's not looking good. So if any of you have any info or opinion's that you want to share that would be great. My Hunting partner drew a unit 45 elk tag. So might just go help him on his elk hunt. That might be better use of my time.

There are pretty decent bulls in the areas, if you can find them. There is a lot of country to cover though. But I have seen some dandys. Lots of work though.

Did you draw the Oct. 1 or Oct 15 tag. Big difference in hunts! Don't get to excited, unless you know the unit, take a look at the harvest stats for the two hunts. You will find that neither hunt is great, but the first is better.

Oct 15th tag is the one I drew. Might have to make a road trip overthere and see what it looks like.

Jack,
Are you coming from out of state or a different part of Idaho? That hunt is really tough! I would shot the first antlered bull you see because it may be the only bull you see! If your dead set on hunting it send me a PM and I will give you a couple places to look, but really only 13 6 point bulls were killed on that hunt last year, so don't expect a lot.

The Unit 70 elk tag encompasses several units in SE Idaho. Just a tip - unit 70 doesnt hold many elk, at from what I found. I hunted deer in 2008 in unit 70 and didnt run across any elk. I would try further east.

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos

Idaho Hunting Guides & Outfitters

Bearpaw Outfitters

Idaho Deer & Elk Allocation Tags, Plus Bear, Bison, Lion, Moose, Turkey and Montana Prairie Dogs.

Urge 2 Hunt

We focus on trophy elk, mule deer, whitetail, bear, lion and wolf hunts and spend hundreds of hours scouting.

Jokers Wild Outdoors

Trophy elk, whitetail, mule deer, antelope, bear and moose hunts. 35k acres of private land.

Back
Top Bottom