Unit 70 Deer (Reg. D)

Wiszard

Long Time Member
Just wondering if anyone spends much time in this unit. Any info on how bad the winter was? Any info would be appreciated. Thanks.

Steve
Derkha derkha Muhammed jihad hakha sherpha sherpha abakhala- Gary of Team America World Police

I may be off a little, but I think the areas that got hit pretty bad were over in Regions G & H for the most part. I know they even had supplemental elk feeding in a couple areas over there to not only help the elk, but also to keep them apart from domestic animals and decrease the spread of TB.

Shirley basin just to the east got hit hard, but the snow tends to pile up there. It's in the high twenties and snowing here about 100 mile south . . .

My Dad and I hunt just North of Leo/Miracle Mile. Two years ago it seemed we saw very few deer and even less bucks than we would normally see. We didn't hunt there last year as we drew an NV tag. Just trying to find out what we'll be up against this year. Hopefully they get some summer showers to help that antler growth. 5 years ago there were some late showers and most of the guys that we talked to shot much bigger deer than normal. That was a year I decided not to go as we had an expensive family vacation already planned that year. That's always the case. :) Thanks for the info.

Steve
Derkha derkha Muhammed jihad hakha sherpha sherpha abakhala- Gary of Team America World Police

Wyoming Hunting Guides & Outfitters

Badger Creek Outfitters

Offering elk, deer and pronghorn hunts on several privately owned ranches.

Urge 2 Hunt

We focus on trophy elk, mule deer, antelope and moose hunts and take B&C bucks most years.

J & J Outfitters

Offering quality fair-chase hunts for trophy mule deer, elk, and moose in Wyoming.

Yellowstone Horse Rentals - Western Wyoming Horses
Back
Top Bottom