Unit 7

Dleyba29

Hello, i will be going hunting this weekend with my buddy on a rifle bull hunt. He put in for an area he knows nothing about. I was hoping for a place to start and some info. Not looking for honey holes but anything will help. Thank you!

I have occasionally seen elk in the BLM just barely on the Unit 9 side of its border with Unit 7, but I think timing plays a role here, as there was snow on the ground. I also found a very nice 6x7 dead head in Unit 7 on the Continental Divide Trail when I was hiking through there in 2022, and I remember seeing some tracks, but I don't remember seeing any live elk. But obviously the dead head and tracks would indicate that they do hang out there at least occasionally.

Hello, i will be going hunting this weekend with my buddy on a rifle bull hunt. He put in for an area he knows nothing about. I was hoping for a place to start and some info. Not looking for honey holes but anything will help. Thank you!
The elk live in the town of Cuba so I would hunt Cuba mesa and the areas close to there. Don’t over look the sage flats either.

The elk live in the town of Cuba so I would hunt Cuba mesa and the areas close to there. Don’t over look the sage flats either. thank you! i appreciate the info! it's antlerless so hopefully that will give us a chance.

The elk live in the town of Cuba so I would hunt Cuba mesa and the areas close to there. Don’t over look the sage flats either.
Cool, thank you I appreciate the info! It's a cow hunt so hopefully that will give us a chance.

New Mexico Guides & Outfitters

H & A Outfitters

Private and public land hunts since 1992 for elk, mule deer, sheep, pronghorn, black Bear & lion hunts.

505 Outfitters

Public and private land big game hunts. Rifle, muzzleloader and archery hunts available. Free Draw Application Service!

Sierra Blanca Outfitters

Offering a wide array of hunt opportunities and putting clients in prime position to bag a trophy.

Urge 2 Hunt

Hunts in New Mexico on private ranches and remote public land in the top units. Elk vouchers available.

Mangas Outfitters

Landowner tags available! Hunt big bulls and bucks. Any season and multiple hunt units to choose from.

Back
Top Bottom