Unit 7 Wyoming Antelope

upmuley

I am looking for information on Unit 7 in Wyoming for antelope. I will be taking my dad and it is our first time antelope hunting. Will the National Grassland be decent to hunt? Should one look to pay a trespass fee? What is a reasonable trespass fee for this area? Any help is greatly appreciated.

Upmuley;

I have not hunted area #7, but have hunted just North of Lusk numerous times. If you area is near there, it should contain a decent amount of antelope. Your best bet is one of the following. Call the Cheyenne office of the WY Game & Fish dept. and obtain the name and phone number of the local gamewarden in area #7. Make contact with him. He will be able to provide you general information on the herd, and names of ranch owners who will allow trespass. He may have a idea of what they charge, some may be very reasonable for antelope. He can provide infro on public land and what to expect hunting the public land.
The other option is to contact the Chamber of Commerce in a town in your hunt area. They normally have a list of private ranches that allow trespass and the fees that they charge. If you find some of them reasonable in price, make contact with the rancher and work out the details. The CofC will provide you the phone numbers for the ranchers.

Good luck;
RELH

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom